Home | About | Donate

It’s Time To Change More Than Trump

It’s Time To Change More Than Trump

Robert Borosage

The Republican Party is cutting away at the very sinews of our economy, the comity of our politics, and the quality of our most basic public services. Trump may sound different, but he's just the barker outside their big top. The grisly deed is being done on the inside.

An OK analysis, but “Duopoly” should be substituted for “Republican.” And many people and organizations that Borosage lists as “progressive” are part of and/or complicit with Duopoly policies and actions, despite their progressive rhetoric.

Your post reminds me of the quote in this article from the Sec of State.

We’re done. I’ve been seeing more and more articles by different people stating that we already have turned into a authoritarian fascist state. Even if a Democrat is elected Prez in 2020 it’s going to be the same old thing only possibly gentler pillaging.

If you are still paying taxes, then you are a part of the problem.
If you are not organizing and SCREAMING in the streets, you are a part of the problem.
If you are still supporting EITHER corporate-owned party, then you are a MAJOR part of the problem.

If I were ten - twenty years younger I’d be RABID about forming a third and TRULY PROGRESSIVE WORKING CLASS PARTY!

I love Bernie Sanders; gave money to Bernie Sanders; lobbied for Bernie Sanders BUT…as long as he continues to think he can change the corporate-owned damnocrats, I will be DIVORCING Bernie Sanders.

“Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results IS INSANITY”!
(Paraphrasing Einstein)

Eight years of Obama corporatism indeed confirmed that unless the Democratic Party finds a 12 step program to shake their corporate money addiction, the Party offers no hope for the 99%.

That is what has been happening since they iced JFK. If we don’t break away from this duopoly and represent We the People, by whatever party name we want to use, we are toast. The 0.001% have just about achieved their ends, and if we keep playing Red sock puppet “Blue sock puppet” for a few more elections, they will finally decide we don’t need anymore elections and we will formally be the descendants of Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany.
*That’s not the way I want this country to end up. I grew up in a Constitutional Republic and it worked pretty well for a couple of centuries. We had a Constitution and a Bill of Rights which worked well to protect We the People from the depredations of the 0.001%, but they wanted it all, to be rulers, not leaders, and we were not to be citizens, but serfs, begging for crumbs from their tables to feed our families for a few more days. To them, that is the Natural Order of Things.
*Teddy and FDR managed to trim their sails for a while, and they hated it. They have worked tirelessly and spent huge amounts of money and, are very close to finishing their plan. When they’ve finally got it all, we will get nothing, for we don’t count, only that tiny percentage counts, and their interest is in counting money pouring into their caves.
*They get the fat of the land, and we get the Fourth Reich. The rest of the world just gets strafed and bombed until they can fight no more.
*The above percentage consists of a handful of greedy old men, not enough to fill a Greyhound Bus. There are well over six billion of us. Surely we can find a way to displace this cadre of greed and begin to rebuild our world.
;-})

You’ve been voting Democratic, so look around and tell me:

How’s that been working?

Enjoyed your post. Why is it that only the good ones get killed (ass sas in ated) ??? Just spent three months in Europe and was hoping that the people there would help speak out against US but sadly that will happen either.

The Democratic party’s job in the duopoly is to co-opt and neuter any grassroots movements that may grow into a viable third party. By all means, vote Democrat in 2018 or 2020 and beyond and help them sweep any progressive reform under the rug. Pelosi, Shumer, Clinton, Obama and the rest only use the word “progressive” during elections as bait, then put away their fishing tackle until the next election. Little wonder that so many on the left have been walking around for years with hooks in their mouths. The Democrats don’t take anyone left of center, seriously, and why should they? And, yet, these ever dependable “hold your nose and vote Democrat” and “don’t throw away your vote on a third party” progressives and liberals have the nerve to call Trump voters stupid. The Democratic party doesn’t fear the Republicans or even losing elections; it fears becoming obsolete and irrelevant with the rise of a strong third party.

AMEN!!   If We The People really believed that the DamnocRats are significantly different from the RePoop­licans, Hilliary would have won by a landslide.  They’re not, and she didn’t . . .

The Democratic Party establishment has turned Stalinist in its suppression of those who would remind it of its New Deal roots, thwarting Bernie Sanders’ candidacy and purging Progressives from Party offices. After some 30 years as a registered Democrat, I re-registered as Independent in 2016—I won’t be fooled again.

For a window on just how divided the Democratic Party has always been:

Me too, sort of.  After many years as an independent (small ‘i’), I registered as a DamnocRat in '08 to vote for “anyone-but-Hilliary” in the primary, and voted for O’Bummer in the general.  In both 2012 and 2016 I wrote in “Bernie & 'Beth”, and then re-registered as an independent (small ‘i’ = unaffiliated) about a year ago.   They’ll have to try REAL hard to fool me again . . .

It’s been working VERY well. Mark Dayton has been fine. I like Franken and Klobachar. . Tim Walz has been quite good. I wish everyone could have such good representation.

Please correct the spelling of Mueller’s name. He deserves that respect.

We the People have the numbers Mini.

However, I am afraid that We are going to have to get bloody to turn this around.

This group is amoral and in bad need of a whooping.

I sincerely wish there was a better way.

Our children deserve better.

This is our mess to clean up.

And across the country your party is on an epic losing streak at every level.

But sure, stay the course.

Can someone please explain to me why the two wings of the Corporate Party are not considered a terrorist organization? I’m being serious. No, they do not put explosives around their torsos and walk into crowded malls and detonate them. But aside from that, what separates them from a terrorist organization? Do their policies, put into action, actively harm the welfare of large numbers of Americans? Cause physical harm to large numbers of Americans, even the deaths of large numbers of Americans? And are done for ideological/political reasons? Yes? No?

Yes, but you left out the deaths of millions of people who are not Americans, around the world. The duopoly is like a metastatic cancer to the world at large. It definitely needs an operation, perhaps a duopolyectomy.
;-})