Home | About | Donate

It’s Time to Stop Arms Sales to Saudi Arabia

It’s Time to Stop Arms Sales to Saudi Arabia

William Hartung

The Senate’s failure to override President Trump’s veto of its effort to end U.S. military support for the Saudi-led war in Yemen is not the end of the story. A way can and must be found to stop U.S.

We had so many terrorists that came here and were very successful —working on their own. Why do people forget that anger and revenge are 2 of the most powerful and motivating emotions?
Sometimes I wonder if America isn’t a lot like Custer—he was really an awful egotistical person, like many of our military and governmental leaders.
I read a book called “Custers Luck,” and he was really lucky. He had always been lucky in wars, or it came out that way. I think that America is a lot like Custer—he did awful things to so many people—but weirdly even his ignorance gave him a famous ending.
I wonder about all the nations and people that America has attacked------America has told devious and awful lies----but so far it has upheld its mask of duplicity and insincerity----but silly nation—when commerce becomes more important than honest statesmanship----that’s when empires fall.
For $50 bucks anyone can buy a recreational drone–and create havoc- With all the nations we have attacked since WW 2-----doesn’t anyone worry about blowback, and on the cheap too? When other peoples kids don’t matter as we see all the death we have caused in the Middle East---------what makes you “leaders” feel that your own lives and kids are safe? Maybe America will become famous for death in the Custer way and it’s so weird–death by hubris-----wow why does history show that to be such a popular implosion for leaders and their empires?

On the bright side, the fact that the KSA can’t defeat a ragtag army of Houthi rebels even with US help and weapons serves to underscore the limitations of both.

Not that such a demonstration has or will curb the MIC, the idiotic leadership in the KSA, or Trump. It’s all about the benjamins, baby.