Home | About | Donate

'Itching for a War,' Bolton Threatens Iran With 'Unrelenting Force' as US Bombers Deployed to Middle East

'Itching for a War,' Bolton Threatens Iran With 'Unrelenting Force' as US Bombers Deployed to Middle East

Jake Johnson, staff writer

In a late Sunday statement warning—without any evidence whatsoever—of "troubling and escalatory" actions by the Iranian government, U.S. national security adviser John Bolton used the scheduled deployment of an American aircraft carrier and bomber task force to the Middle East to threaten Iran with military action.

1 Like

Huffing and puffing again. The JCS has long opposed a war against Iran. But if for some reason the neocon clowns have finally got Trump to worship them more than he does generals, it’ll be a fast war. Iran will win, Israel will pay dearly for the gambit (because most of this is for Israel), and the US Army will officially be broken for years to come.

Unless they just plan on bombing stuff pointlessly for years on end.

At this point, there’s been so much crude bluffing that i’m not believing anything until I see it. These are the same jokers that just got humiliated by Maduro’s government with one of the most pathetic coup attempts of all time.

4 Likes

The extreme mental illness of this trump regime is shown yet again - in spades - by this calculated-for-war move. With all the critical needs and problems facing humanity, this is what these mental moron’s focus on??
How in any even marginally sane so-called “democratic” nation can a person of bolton’s diseased mind and position in trumps diseased regime, over-rule sanity and peace in such a way? Where are voices of sanity and common sense? Has the Israeli/Saudi/trump triumvirate of war and death become so all-powerful and uncontrolled they can just attack nations, first economically, then militarily, for flimsy fantasy rationale and cause the deaths and misery of so many millions risking nuclear war??

We are clearly thru the looking-glass with these frankly evil and mentally diseased minds in control (apparently) of America and thus the direction of the entire world. Where TF are voices here and abroad demanding truth and sanity?

14 Likes

The United States is by far the biggest terrorist organization on Earth and has been for a long time.

Trump and company have just taken it to an extreme and absurd level.

14 Likes

Bolton and Pompy are insane children. WHich fits in a Trump administration. The Swamp is much swampier than it use to be.

6 Likes

Evertime I see a photo of Bolton I see someone who is not comfortable in his own skin. My next thought that this the source of his apparent need to assert himself. The squirrel dancing around my yard right now has so much of better life. I hope the squirrel outlasts the walrus.

4 Likes

It’s no longer a swamp but a vast cesspool of decayed minds and rotted souls cheered on by the cult of mindless Faux Christians that have taken over the Evangelical community … BIGLY SAD

11 Likes

Can’t change Presidents/Administrations during a war now can we? These assholes are ready to start two more just because Trump is feeling a bit of job insecurity. Unfortunately, the American electorate will likely buy into this crap, again. Humans are not a good species.

6 Likes

Trump, Pompeo, and Bolton are conspiring to engage OUR country in ILLEGAL wars in Iran and Venezuela without the consent of congress. To start such a war is an act of TREASON, and they are openly engaging in an illegal conspiracy to commit treason. These three individuals can and should be outvoted and shouted down immediately by 3 million citizens, in the streets of D.C., calling for their immediate arrest, trial and summary execution. If members of congress refuse to meet their constitutional obligation of protecting this country from senseless, self-destructive wars or ridding us of treasonous despots, then mass civil disobedience and rebellion truly have become our only option.

5 Likes

Unfortunately they are siding with the US.

1 Like

oh yes, the inmates have truly taken over the asylum! increasingly escalation by the iranians? what the hell does that mean, other than iran has not been destroyed, that iranian people are still alive? the “so called” united states seems to be becoming more evil by the day, and i will say that trump and his hateful regime are not only the so called symptoms, but the disease itself!! and, the majority of republicans, and more than a necessary amount of democrats ARE included in this diagnosis. IMPEACH CONVICT EXECUTE!!!

3 Likes

The first two conditions requires a functional judiciary, which is something America will likely never have again, if it ever did.
The only other option available is bypassing the ironically named justice system and skip straight to the last part.

4 Likes

JB: “Global Psychopath”…
Sanctions are also acts of war.
As each attempt by our gov to provoke warfare fails those who are the instigators will get more and more desperate. That is the real danger.

3 Likes

“Game of Thrones”…oh wait…

I wouldn’t blame the Trump presidency with any different disease than the past presidents’. (Not a Trump supporter). The history of both major parties during their presidencies are littered with the battered bodies of people/governments.

4 Likes

Can nobody rid us of this meddlesome walrus?

3 Likes

All those like Bolton that want war ,send them in first .
They have no idea.
Always be ever vigilant for those of lower conciousness walk amongst us I once read .
Well here’s the proof .

3 Likes

This is a long term policy being carried out. A clean sweep of the middle-east has been the goal. Any country or foreign leader that gets in the way need our pity.
This may be the last chance for us people to rise. A mass support AGAINST yet another unwarranted war must be started, or we will be spending ours, and our children’s legacies at war, or supporting occupations.
As it is now, we are the only ones benefiting from war. We are the war pigs.

1 Like

Nuts 'n Boltus sez:
“… any attack on United States interests or on those of our allies will be met with unrelenting force.”

This latest statement by Bolton against Venezuela is unconscionable.
Oh, wait — Venezuela was yesterday? My bad.

2 Likes

As many as it takes to bring on Armageddon. Islam isn’t the most violent religion in the world today, it’s good old American Christianity.

5 Likes