Home | About | Donate

"It'll Start Getting Cooler, You Just Watch": Trump Spits Climate Denialism Right in California's Face

You can not win an argument with an ignorant man.

Not a hard prediction for even an imbecile. Fall and winter generally mean cooler weather. He’s a nutter.

2 Likes

“climate change wierdos”? Just who are they? People concerned about the rapid destabilization of the climate control system that has allowed most current life, including ours, to evolve?

As for your remarks about “forest management”: you’re partially correct in one regard: past programs to completely suppress all wildfire has been pointed to over the years as unwise, creating conditions in which larger, more destructive fires might ensue. Many, if not most forest managers do, in fact, now engage in selective controlled burns. Some mismanagement practices were the result of forest managers managing them too much for “production” instead of as bio-systems. But as for '“forest litter”: Trump (and, I fear, you) are way off base. Healthy forest ecosystems DEPEND ON the decomposition of “forest litter”. If you’ve ever seen seedlings sprouting under the protection and decomposition of a “nurse log” (or stump), and if you were able to see the incredibly dense fungal mycelial networks, and all the other biota that are integral parts of the forest ecosystem, you’d have a better appreciation for all their contributions and as well, the necessity of allowing such “litter” on the forest floor.

1 Like

Democrats can make a great case and convincingly explain what they want you to vote AGAINST. But four, eight, twelve years from now, what will you tell your children you voted FOR? Endless war, fossil fuel subsidies, the world’s largest for-profit penal colony/slave state, a GNP based on corporate profit and personal debt, media censorship, demonization of whistle-blowers, dissidents, truth-tellers and independent thinkers, and a “health care system” run by a cartel whose products kill more Americans than guns? Maybe you could just tell them you voted FOR the same people that made Donald Trump look good after eight years of broken promises. Or just admit that you bought a little temporary comfort for yourself by selling their future down the river to hell. But you won’t really have to explain - that will be clear to them without asking.

“It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don’t want and get it.”

• Eugene V. Debs
1 Like

What the hell you mean-um “correct climate zone”, Kemo Sabé??   Correct in terms of the eye-blink of our “civiliz­ation” of the past 5,000 years or so?  Not too many years ago, in Mother Earth time, palm trees and ferns were the dominant trees in what is now Colorado, Nebraska and Wyoming, a “correct” situation about to be repeated . . .

1 Like

Yeah I wonder how this will affect the election. Again this is probably why Trump is probably giddy to see the west coast burn. He knows they won’t vote for him.

That’s “all hat and no cattle.” So I’ve heard.

1 Like

That’s the way I heared it growing up in Okielahoma, but “saddle” makes pretty good sense too and may be widely used, just not where we-all is.

2 Likes

Well, I’m not from Texas, which is the state I mostly associate with that saying. Where I’m from we don’t really use it. I just looked it up on Wikipedia and it gave that version. So maybe we’re both right.

US FEDERAL RESERVE BANK NUCLEAR FOSSIL FUEL MONOPOLIES BITCH SLAPPING HOME GLOBE IN WARRING SLAVE MINERAL OIL AND GAS EXTRACTION TERRITORIES

IN THEIR EXECUTIVE EXTINCTION EXECUTION

LYING AN DENYING GLOBAL WARMING

444 Nuclear Reactors
450 Nuclear Facilities
Over 1,300 Nuclear Fuel Rod Pools
Over 2,000 Nuclear Detonations
Over 14,000 Nuclear Weapons
Over 250,000 Toxic Tons Of Radiated Nuclear Waste Globally

NAKASAKI HEROSHIMA FUKUSHIMA

20 FEET OF SEA LEVEL RISE IN GREENLAND

200 FEET OF SEA LEVEL RISE IN ANTARCTICA

MELTING CALVING GETTING READY TO COLLAPSE

WITH IN 36 MONTHS

LAST TIME PARTS PER MILLION OF CARBON WAS 410PPM

SEA LEVEL WAS 130 FEET HIGHER THAN RIGHT NOW

CARBON IS AT 415PPM

ANTARCTICA HAS MELTED MORE IN THE PAST 4 YEARS THAN WHAT THE ARCTIC MELTED IN THE PAST 34 YEARS

STRATOSPHERE IS 65C HOTTER THAN 4 YEARS AGO AN GETTING HOTTER

ONLY MEASURING CARBON

ADD 2.0C. METHANE NATURAL GAS
ADD 2.0C NITROUS OXIDE
ADD 2.0C WATER VAPOUR
ADD 2.0C CARBON

=. 8,0C. GLOBAL TEMPERATURES RISE NOW SINCE THE 1700S

21 JUNE 2020 SIBERIAN ARCTIC 100.4F

RECORD HEAT RECORD FIRES

RECORD RAIN RECORD FLOODS

YEAR AFTER YEAR EVERY YEAR

We Need a National Feed in Tariff Will you read, sign, and share this petition?

SHUT DOWN METHANE NATURAL GAS

BAN FRACKING

1 Like

Daniel,
i found your page at Climate Change Guide, but there is no petition i can find. The link on your page to a petition (for a California tariff) is dead. Is there a petition anywhere?

Don’t spout utter garbage! “Carry on doing the same as you’ve done in the past and THIS time it’ll all work out okay”. Get real for a change.

1 Like

I think you may have missed the point, Uncle. You see, it’s all about the SPEED of change. Whether it’s quite as fast as the original poster posits is by the by. The point is that plants (and animals - including us) need TIME to adapt/acclimatise, and it looks a wee bit as though the required time may not be available.

1 Like

He should have mentioned WHEN. It’s usually cooler at 3 AM than at 3 PM, and in most of the Northern Hemisphere, it’s cooler in February than in August.