Home | About | Donate

"It's Called Transparency": Donald, Chuck, and Nancy Hold Rare Public Talks as Negotiations Erupt During Press Avail

"It's Called Transparency": Donald, Chuck, and Nancy Hold Rare Public Talks as Negotiations Erupt During Press Avail

Common Dreams staff

A press availability at the White House with President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, and Democratic leader in the House Nancy Pelosi broke into bizarre—as well as refreshing—public negotiation on Tuesday as the Democrats and the president sparred over funding for a border wall and the prospect of a government shutdown if a budget deal is not reached before a fast-approaching deadline.

"Let's debate in private," Schumer said at one point as the argument became heated.

Man I hate my president.

What a freakin idiot! Don’t know how Pelosi and Schumer could have sat in the same room with him!!! He more or less is trying to threaten and intimidate: Either give me the money for my WALL or the government shuts down! The stupid baby. I think he must be Mafia! What have we come to??? It’s hard to look at political issues anymore…I’m embarrassed.

The United States of America would be a much better place to live in if all four of the individuals in the picture at the start of this article, were gone.

Forever.

Was this a comedy show or a drama? Either way, I don’t think the ratings were that good.

Either a retirement home or an insane asylum. Both would hopefully be locked for the safety of the people of the US and the world.

Who’s on first?

Yes but … border security [insert barfy face here]

Interestingly enough, I haven’t felt secure since the trumptard stole the election and no border wall is going to change that! (Unless they cemented the orange menace in one of them)

Well, damn, Sam!
Glad we got that settled. Give them all a raise!

Pine box?

Here’s the reality: Trump’s base will be energized by his tough talk and firm stance.

Now I ask: Will the d-party base be impressed by Chuck and Nancy starting with a pre-compromise position?

And ultimately: How the f**k is this even an issue when we just threw money at the military and at the rich with a tax cut?

You’re right, I do sometimes. Just a little “hope” going there. Like: Anything would be better than what we got! But alas, I realize, those two are just as bad!

Yeah I think Trump thinks he is a mafia Don, maybe he should change his name to: Don J. Trump.

I’m tired of all of the killing we do in the US - mass shootings, executions, drones, wars overseas. Violence is part of the problem and we need to end it somehow. The French revolution got rid of the king but it brought along a waive of terror and blood from the so-called “enlightened” democrats. As long as violence is seen as the answer to our problems - I don’t think we will ever solve our problems. And that goes for the right and the left and the middle.

It’s called PROPAGANDA.
If it’s on television, it’s not real, it’s staged entertainment.

This plays out a lot like an episode of Jerry Springer.
People love drama, they love watching contentious conflict among others.

“Contentious” “partisan” politics is increasingly merely serving as an entertaining distractionary and diversionary tactic.

Political “leaders” exist to greater extents as mere Actors.
Their role is to play the part of “hero” for their mindless followers.

Just “Congressional” hearings broadcast on television exist to serve as a facade for real action, staged events like this are serving as a facade for real democracy.

This is called PROPAGANDA.
This is how a wholly illegitimate system is manipulated to instill a sense of legitimacy, reeling in an unsuspecting, and highly ignorant public.

“Gaiety, a quality of ordinary men. Genius always presupposes some disorder in the machine.”
-Denis Diderot-

“it remains a fact that in almost every
act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social
conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number
of persons—a trifling fraction of our hundred and twenty million—who
understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who
pull the wires which control the public mind, who harness old social forces and
contrive new ways to bind and guide the world.”
-Edward Bernays- Propaganda (1928)

I’m surprised Nancy and Chuck didn’t ask "didn’t you promise that Mexico would pay for the wall? Why did you turn around, break your promise and want US to pay for it now?

Good Job Pence!

Gosh golly, surely the truth and good policy is found somewhere between what Trump wants and what Pelosi/Schumer want. I feel well represented by these wonderful human beings. Yay US democracy! The media’s going to love this. Such great theater.

They should have asked that question, but they are groveling weasels (apologies to weasels), so of course they didn’t ask it.

You really have to be an idiot to make Chuck and Nancy look halfway good.