Home | About | Donate

It's Easy to Laugh at Louie Gohmert. But...

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/08/01/its-easy-laugh-louie-gohmert

4 Likes

Among the examples of cheap laughs Winship lists:

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy accidentally referred to Gohmert as “Congressman COVID.”

4 Likes

Idiots with power are always dangerous.

4 Likes

But…it’s easier to laugh at Stephen Miller. He’s totally disconnected from reality.

1 Like

Sounds like Gohmert needs a serious attitude adjustment, maybe a good dose of the virus will give it to him. I don’t wish him dead, I’d just like him to think he’s going to die.

3 Likes

The voters in East Texas have obviously swallowed the Kool-Aid. Maybe it’s a result of the Repug party platform there, where they advocate against teaching critical thinking skills because they might encourage young people to defy their parents and God. Obviously, they have succeeded in that particular goal.

4 Likes

Some say marriage will soften a hard man, apparently not the case for Miller, two peas in a pod.

(h)ttps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/katie-miller-wife-of-immigration-hardliner-steven-miller-said-she-was-sent-to-a-child-detention-centers-to become-more-compassionate-but-it-didn-t-work-new-book-says/ar-BB16qVJn?ocid=msedgdhp

1 Like

Not sure why anybody would laugh at Gohmert Pyle ?

He authored legislation to make the Democratic Party illegal, forbids his staff to wear masks, etc.

A track record that only Goebbels, George Wallace, and the GOP could love.

The event in Tyler TX confirms that cops in the southern states are as evil and corrupt…perhaps more so than they were a half century ago…accurately depicted in news footage and the movie Easy Rider.

Send your spare change to Gohmert’s November 3 opponent, and to Rick Kennedy in TX-17 who is running against slimy Pete Sessions who authored the 2006 kill USPS legislation.

Justice will not be served until Gohmert and Sessions are sentenced to life in Guantanamo.

7 Likes

He should go to a big, packed Trump rally, as did his fellow partier, Herman Cain.

I understand that it’s a healthy experience.

3 Likes

I don’t want it to kill him. I want it to leave him with one or more serious chronic conditions that will make the rest of his life hell.

5 Likes

The problem is not so much Gohmert as the people who keep reelecting him.

5 Likes

I wish him dead with no apologies or guilt. I just hope it’s a long drawn out and excruciatingly painful process. I wish the same on the entire Republican Congress and every single person Tdump has hired working at the White House, and all his other appointees throughout the Federal government. Also the right wing nutters in every state. I consider this a righteous purge of vicious and stupid. Otherwise we are doomed.

Years ago I used to be in favor of the death penalty, then I realized that was the easy way out for people who committed crimes that the death penalty would apply. Let them rot in prison I say, in the US, that’s a much more difficult.

1 Like

In general I am strongly against the death penalty.
But I guess I see wishing for the demise of these kleptocratic drooling dickweeds as separate from that.
Maybe I’m just fed up with the decades of these filthy pols getting away with all manner of crimes and profiting handsomely.
Rumor has it I was a more forgiving optimist back in the day…

3 Likes

I get it. The times we’re facing now, I can’t blame anyone for taking that position.
I should also finish my sentence before I hit the reply button, should read “difficult task.”, above.

1 Like