Home | About | Donate

It's Not Brain Surgery: Oreos and Idiots and Arrogant Incompetence Oh My

It's Not Brain Surgery: Oreos and Idiots and Arrogant Incompetence Oh My

Exhibit 742 of the evil clown show that is our current government: The surreal "testimony" before House Democrats of alleged HUD Secretary Ben Carson, who in several mind-bending exchanges veered between stupor, belligerence and breathtaking ignorance about his job as he bunglingly defended plans for massive budget cuts and rent increases, compared throwing 55,000 children on the street with oxygen masks on airplanes, and confused foreclosures with cookies. Really.

1 Like

It’s anyone’s guess as to why Dr. Ben Carson has persisted in this bizarre venture into politics. America Needs A Hemispherectomy - ? So far as this House Financial Services Committee hearing is concerned - REO does sound like Oreo - not that big a gaff - and so far as not knowing what REO stands for? Let’s face it - it’s a bizarre acronym to begin with - and even more so when you use it as a euphemism for foreclosures - – now as to the rest of the hearing - the “Yes or No” type questions such as whether stable and safe housing is a social determinant of health or whether he would “let” his grandmother live in public housing were nothing but posturing on the part of Rep Pressley and Porter and they merited the adolescent eye-roll responses that they received. The bigger questions of why so many FHA-backed mortgages end up in foreclosure, or why waitlists for subsidized housing are so astronomically large, or what undocumented immigrants purged from subsidized housing are supposed to do for shelter (BTW the 55000 children figure is dubious), or what anybody faced with homelessness as a result of the present-day affordable housing crisis is supposed to do - these are questions concerning complex issues which HUD has long been powerless to solve. Ben Carson can’t solve these problems - whether the HUD budget gets cut in half or gets doubled it will continue to do nothing for the vast majority of people who (because of their poverty) qualify for assistance. The bureaucracy and mess and congressionally imposed rules, restrictions, and guidelines (that serve no purpose other than to kick around the underclass) (such as the one strike and you’re out rule) that plague HUD at present are simply too entrenched - too overwhelming - anybody would throw up their hands (no matter how gifted) in frustration. Ben Carson seems to have done this a while ago (but for some reason he has not bothered to resign) - maybe HUD needs a more than a hemispherectomy …

Way to go Abby! Tell it like it is! Kudos!

"stupor, belligerence and breathtaking ignorance" indeed! Isn’t there a law against being so goddamn stupid?? That is representative of this Carson clown/idiot and with corruption, arrogance, mental illness, and racist warmongering thrown-in, all the odious trump regime’s players!

"you don’t really need more evidence of the evil clown show that is our current government"!

3 Likes

So it’s HUD’s fault that Carson is an idiot?
And it’s due to being asked questions that he looks like a jackass when he gives answers?
And confusing REO with Oreo at a hearing on housing is understandable?

I guess it’s a table’s fault when Ben Carson buys it for $31,000

8 Likes

Dear gods… I have been on a news fast and then an awesome vacation. And I come back to this … not only are the idiots still in charge of the asylum but they opened the doors to the locked wards… and that hidden cell in the basement…

3 Likes

There is something deeply wrong with Ben Carson upstairs.

He’s pretty much like Rain Man. Sure he can hold a scalpel. No one knows why. No one cares.

Yet he probably can’t spell his own name, can’t distinguish between a horse and a submarine, and generally thinks dinner is his left ankle.

I recall one theory is that Carson first learned how to perform brain surgery on himself. I don’t laugh at that one anymore.

7 Likes

I taught school in a rough neighborhood years ago. Carson’s incredulous expression at simple questions reminds me of a kid who’d been huffing glue for years. How this guy became a brain surgeon is beyond me.

1 Like

It’s all a big joke at our expense. Carson, Mnuchin, Trump, etc, etc. They are laughing because they don’t have to do anything and we pay the bill for their incompetence and indulgences. If they were to face what they deserve, they probably wouldn’t be so jovial any more.

1 Like

Maybe this is a real Frankencarson.

The big question is why doesn’t the federal government begin a massive campaign to build public housing and fund housing on a massive basis? We are in a crisis of homelessness in the streets of the U.S. and it started under Reagan with billions upon billions of cuts each year over almost 35 years. The result - what we see today on our streets. This wasn’t necessary but the neo-liberal agenda was designed to bring us to this terrible place.

1 Like

Maybe Carson & the rest of the current crooks, liars & thieves running the govt should spend the rest of their years in govt housing such as Leavenworth… to experience cheapened govt programs first hand!!

2 Likes

I have a nephew who is quite a feted orthopedic surgeon and he is a modest guy. He self deprecatingly calls himself a body mechanic and says his one skill is being able to see how things work in the body and fix them when broken. He gets embarrassed ( and a little annoyed] when people treat him, just by virtue of him being a surgeon, like he is better or smarter than others in other areas … Carson could learn a lesson from my nephew…

2 Likes

Perhaps he feels that he has no reputation to soil in the first place.

1 Like

They are our paid lobbyists for things we DON’T want.

I used to make the comparison of the then and now. THEN: we would send groups like The Peace Corps to an African village to drill or dig for water. Supply a pump and expertise and move on to the next humanitarian project. NOW: we are takers, not givers.
All of our cabinet heads are there to bolster the wrong side of their particular charge. Everything else is the spoils.

2 Likes

Unless it involves fear or hatred and some way of exploiting someone else - they are not interested. This is the ultimate end of 40 years of Reagan, Bush I, Bush II and their democratic enablers. A very low point for this nation. It is now raw, naked and disgusting.

1 Like