Home | About | Donate

It's Not Me, It's You: EPA Staffer Quits With Candid Letter to Pruitt

It's Not Me, It's You: EPA Staffer Quits With Candid Letter to Pruitt

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

An Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) employee stepped down after 30 years on the job last week with a letter to EPA chief Scott Pruitt that left no doubt the reason for his resignation—Pruitt's leadership and the Trump administration.

"[I]ncluding two that focus on protecting children from lead": Does anyone seriously believe that President Caligula cares one bit for the dead children of Syria?

I hope Michael Cox becomes very active in the resistance.

Mr. Cox, thank you for your service to our nation.

Pruitt is not a leader, he is a follower, and as such will follow orders from the Orange One and his minions.

Pruitt has sold his soul for his 15 minutes of fame. Let him swim in his 'pool of sludge' which is his legacy, his career of serving wrongdoing. Just another modern day Judas.

The only positive thing that I can see at this point in Pruitt's current position is that he isn't able to bring suits against the organization that he now heads. In this the citizens of Oklahoma are the winners, the rest of us? Not at all! Bigly.

The executive branch has become an island of ignorance in a world fighting climate change. It is embarrassment that we are stuck with. We have to look to a number of governors in more progressive states for leadership on climate change.

Truly sad that this obvious public servant felt resignation his best option; but I'm encouraged that he sent such a letter and it is published. Kudos.

I'm not the least bit shocked at Pruitt's beliefs and attitudes. He's a corporate stooge brought in to dismantle the agency and do the bidding of the polluters. The polluters forget, however, that we all breath the same air and drink the same water and are affected by the same environment, so even if they move into bubble-like climate-controlled compounds, their customers are going to die from the pollution they seek to keep spewing into the environment, and they aren't going to have anyone to sell their toxic garbage to eventually. Also, they are going to kill of enough life on the planet that humans won't be able to survive either, which just might be the best solution for the future of all life on Earth.

The coal miners and the history and state of the industry are absolutely key in all of this

Blood on the Mountain - documentary on coal miners and their voice on the changes
Salon interview on the film

No, nor anywhere else, including the US Fourth Reich.
;-})

Coal was king once until the bottom dropped out because even China can't deal with the pollution that it causes. Now it is fracking and LNG that is killing the people, the water, and the environment with no end in sight. It's all about the profits for the robber barons of the globalized elite, and their bought and paid for politicians. Got democracy of, by, and for the people? Not so much.......

It is actually telling that just one person (and after 30 years of work i.e. with minor risk to his wellfare) did this. The current situation should have compelled hundreds to do the same - were it that they truly had the courage of their convictions. That's what resistance looks like. But one way or another the majority is going along with what is happening.

"'The third, broadly, line of work is deconstruction of the administrative state. ... If you look at these cabinet appointees, they were selected for a reason and that is the deconstruction. The way the progressive left runs, is if they can’t get it passed, they’re just going to put in some sort of regulation in an agency. That’s all going to be deconstructed and I think that that’s why this regulatory thing is so important.'
-Stephen Bannon at the recent CPAC conference.