Home | About | Donate

It's Right to End the Ban on Trans People in the Military – But Wrong to Set Conditions

It's Right to End the Ban on Trans People in the Military – But Wrong to Set Conditions

Chelsea Manning

Open trans service in the military is a necessary step toward protecting and recognizing the humanity of trans people, but the military’s proposal falls far short of what is needed.

I admire you very much, Chelsea Manning. Few persons could have endured what you have endured and maintained their balance and sanity.

My concern, however, on this matter is different than yours. What I take into question is why so many people--across the spectrum of gender--wish to become part of The Killing Machine in the first place?

Just as Edward Bernays taught Madison Avenue how to lure women into the self-destructive habit of cigarette smoking by using phrases like, "You've come a long way, baby..." I fear that similar false PR will lure trans-people into the universally destructive MIC and its various ARMED "services."

I think THAT is the greater evil here.

Maybe this new end of a ban is to misdirect attention away from including women in the draft without certification if a draft is reinstated.