Home | About | Donate

It's Working. Trump's 'Locked and Loaded' Bluster Stirring Widespread Nuclear Fears

Wow! I did not know that others were supposing that was Trump’s thing!

I think he needs help, badly. He is so enthusiastic about the support he’s giving the opioid epidemic, I can only wonder if he hopes to cash in on it. Or avail himself of it, though cocaine is not considered to be an opioid.

Annie, you’re right - Trump jumping into the opiod epidemic will end up helping the pharmaceutical companies behind it.
We in America think it’s bad now but if you look at it in countries like Romania you see it’s still just starting to take real hold here.
Yes it’s been around since 1978 when Cocain suddenly got a chemical taste to it and started making people dope sick. Before that it was not addictive. Before that only 3% of heroin users ended up addicted to that drug.
Now Pot makes people dope sick. The opioid epidemic is being touted as an addiction people can refuse after trying, and not a condition where the chemical dependency is so bad that if you don’t continue taking drugs you die - so people can’t just refuse and get off after starting.Trumps involvement will only massively increase it.

Trump to Kim-Jong-un: “Your a bad man, Your a very bad man. And you keep thinking bad thoughts about me I might just turn you into a jack-in-the-box! And then send you into the cornfield!”

I feel the same way for Hillary supporters and the trump supporters that all want WWIII. I feel like my family is personally in danger from these people. I voted Stein so my hands are clean.

Your reactions are very understandable Yunzer, but likely to harm you rather than the scum you intend, Karma you know.
Many of us are similarly affected with anger and contempt, but to destroy ourselves or others we love by our negative actions or energy is often the unintended consequence for such intense feelings.

The thoughts below have been expressed similarly by others of different backgrounds and cultures but one honest truth…

"Take care of your Thoughts because they become Words

Take care of your Words because they will become Actions

Take care of your Actions because they will become Habits

Take care of your Habits because they will form your Character

Take care of your Character because it will form your Destiny,

and your Destiny will be your Life."

There is no religion higher than the Truth."

His Holiness, Tenzin Gyatso - 14th Dalai Lama

And this - “It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.”

Peace to you.

And I should qualify this. I’m getting my 1978 info from Anthony Kedis(Red Hot Chilipeppers)'s book Scar Tissue.

The Creator’s intent for this world was as a learning school. A place where from gradually wizened souls might graduate, each in their own time. Humankind’s invention of the nuclear bomb offered a new choice, to use or not to use. Knowing an inevitable situation involving two bull headed nation leaders might arise, Creator will engage extra dimensional assistants to thwart launch capability of the missiles. This has already happened in the past. Far too many souls needing educating reside here for Creator to allow the schools destruction.

If things keep going this way, I fear China and Russia will join forces with N. Korea against the US. The orange one is making enemies faster than the speed of light.

There is a difference between reporting on, the facts and current political mood, and, trying to push a biased narrative yourself. I have not seen proof that she has been trying to push such a narrative.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump or the media in the coming days ends up calling China, Russia, and N Korea, the new Axis of Evil. They are hungry for some kind of war and don’t care if it could render the Earth an inhospitable nuclear wasteland.

You are kook, and I suspect, some kind of troll. Brexit was based on racism and xenophobia. No, Trump and Clinton are not the same. Unlike you, I work for the a regulatory agency for the US government and know how government works. How many cabinet departments can you name? I can guarantee you that you must live in a state of privileged bourgeois isolation out there in “Cascadia” if you think that Trumps dismantling of regulations and Hillary’s would-have strengthening of regulations protecting people and the biosphere are the same. Come here to the rust-belt coal fields and see for your self.

Now shifting focus to oil rich Venezuela, which takes the pressure off of the NK idiocy and provides a far easier target for the military, all the while propping up the neoliberal order (because the counter-revolutionaries are the well-off, the ones who lost under Chavez).

Some in this thread seem to think it’s convenient for Trump to find an enemy so quickly. There are always places in the world that can be pointed to as threats or in need of our “help.” Always. Nothing needs to be manufactured except consent. The world is often a harsh and terrible place. I think the conspiracists here think the world is like a middle-class suburb.

Yes. Thanks. I saw that on TheDuran, also.

BREAKING: China says it will defend North Korea in event of US invasion – Aug 11, 2017 – Alexander Mercouris – TheDuran

Yesterday in an article for The Duran I said that China’s patience with the US was almost exhausted and the Global Times editorial straightforwardly says this, putting the US on the same level of childishness as North Korea and saying that China has given up hope of persuading these two countries to start behaving like grown-ups. It says that in light of this “reckless” behaviour by both sides – with the greater onus to behave responsibly being however first and foremost on the US since it is by far the stronger party – China is obliged to make clear to both sides what its red lines are

"Beijing is not able to persuade Washington or Pyongyang to back down at this time. It needs to make clear its stance to all sides and make them understand that when their actions jeopardize China’s interests, China will respond with a firm hand."

(bold italics added)

Then comes the clear statement of what the red lines are, and what in the event of armed conflict China will do

"China should also make clear that if North Korea launches missiles that threaten US soil first and the US retaliates, China will stay neutral. If the US and South Korea carry out strikes and try to overthrow the North Korean regime and change the political pattern of the Korean Peninsula, China will prevent them from doing so."

(bold italics added)

In other words if North Korea is so stupid as to launch an unprovoked attack on the US – which in this context probably covers the wild and reckless North Korean threat to launch a missile demonstration against Guam – it is on its own. However if the US attacks North Korea – either as part of some ‘pre-emptive’ strategy or in order to achieve regime change there, China will come to North Korea’s defence.

The Global Times editorial – wisely – does not spell out what China would in that case do. However since the discussion is one of war the necessary implication must be that in the event of a US attack on North Korea China will respond militarily.

Thanks for that clarification. I stand corrected as half wrong or not fully right.
Fully scary either way.

On a lighter note.

Nuclear winter, famine, global meltdown.

This is what our world could look like just a few months to years after a regional nuclear war breaks out on the Korean Peninsula and spreads to include China and possibly Russia.

Can anyone talk sense to these idiots.

The risks are huge.

Thanks for that Yunzer !

Thank you ~

I visited Los Alamos in January of '97 - impressive place - historically, geologically, and geographically.

“It did not take atomic weapons to make war terrible… It did not take atomic weapons to make man want peace, a peace that would last. But the atomic bomb was the turn of the screw. It has made the prospect of future war unendurable, It has led us up those last few steps to the mountain pass; and beyond is a different country.”

• Robert Oppenheimer

It truly is insanity. To toss around this ever escalating bravado as though Trump has the right to murder hundreds of thousands of people because he doesn’t want to be dissed by their leader, is beyond the pale.

No wonder North Korea has worked so hard to get a nuclear weapon. We behave as though we own the world and we say what goes. Can any nation be sovereign knowing that we could annihilate it if it doesn’t toe the line right where we want it to?

Our allies should turn their backs on us and reduce our power.