Home | About | Donate

Japanese Warned Leaked Radiation From North Korea Nuke Site Could Be Blowing Their Way

Japanese Warned Leaked Radiation From North Korea Nuke Site Could Be Blowing Their Way

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Contamination concerns grow as North Korean soldiers reportedly being treated for radiation exposure following tunnel collapse

Ryoo Yong-gyu

EVERY gust of wind carries radioactivity (NOT radiation) with it. So what’s the news?

Yo. Fukushima is not over.

Radiation. the gift that keeps on giving, and giving, and giving,and giving…

This story of the tunnel collapse, from unnamed sources, originated from a single Japanese newspaper - The Asahi Shimbun - and, as far as I can see, world newspapers have picked it up from there.

I have seen no verification, which leads me to believe that there is a high probability that this story is a fabrication, whose sole purpose is to embarrass North Korea.

Not so, PL. Business Insider, The Guardian, and other international news outlets reported the incident on 10/10 along with the most recent one that was undated. The mountain, Montdansan that is used for detonations literally moved with the explosion on 10/10 and has been deemed “a distressed mountain.” Satellite images recorded the mountain’s movement. The explosion on 10/10 was followed by a 6.3 earthquake along with three or four more smaller quakes over the next few days, which also caused the tunnels to collapse killing 100 workers inside followed by another 100 workers that went to rescue the first 100. In addition, “sniffer” aircraft can easily detect radiation leakage. And the Japanese were hesitant to report the incident(s) due to their Fukushima disaster still in the news.

The only good from this is that we may finally realize we are all connected by a massive umbilical cord of humanity. Is it possible to turn on our humanity and offer North Korea a human concern and open hand instead of a closed fist and ridicule? We have become a global joke. I realize that it is hard to ignore the white racist among us, and they will not be changed or silenced by logic reason and compassion, but they still are not the majority of us yet, just louder and more filled with hate. Maybe if enough of us speak out they will shrink back into their caves. Bobby Kennedy once quoted @University of Kansas, 3/18/68, George Bernard Shaw: “Some people see things as they are and say why? I dream things that never were and say, why not?” Please God let Reason reign.