Either Hideki Tojo lives, or his ghost is stalking through the halls of the Diet.
* Seventy years ago, after the two most terrible attacks in history, Japan surrendered, then adopted a constitution which banned war and war-making. The only military was to be a small Home Defense Force.
* With no military eating up their substance, Japan became a prosperous, peaceful nation.
* Now, the nation that was the primary cause of Japan's defeat, and that urged them to adopt a non-violent constitution, the
US Fourth Reich is now telling them to scrap that constitution and go on a war footing, which means putting their substance into tanks, planes, guns, missiles, much of which the Reich says it will supply, for a price.
* The people of Japan remember the war, the losses, the hunger. They remember the burning cities, the dying children and they want no part of it.
* But with the ghost of Hideki Tojo hiding in the wings, the war party is pushing its way into war, just as was done in the 1920's and '30s.
* I hope and pray that this time, the will of the people will triumph, but looking at the
US Fourth Reich as an example and role model, it is not very reassuring.