Home | About | Donate

Jared Kushner Is Surprised He Can’t Get Palestinian Businessmen on Board with Promises of Prosperity

Jared Kushner Is Surprised He Can’t Get Palestinian Businessmen on Board with Promises of Prosperity

Juan Cole

Palestinian business groups accounting for 80% of Palestine’s gross domestic product say they are declining to attend a conference in Bahrain that is part of the roll-out of Jared Kushner’s “Deal of the Century.” The conference was intended to focus on “economic peace,” which is shorthand for investments in and prosperity for the West Bank Palestinians in return for their acquiescence in continued harsh Israeli military occupation.

2 Likes

“Netanyahu has been touting it for decades”

This is part of the long-time motivation of Netanyahu to make the economic lives of the Palestinians as destitute as possible - malnutrition but not starvation: The hope that desperate Palestinians would settle for a few crumbs, and let the Jews have it all…

What a monster - and yet he could complain about antisemitism.

6 Likes

I doubt that Kushner is surprised, he is playing a cynical game to justify cozying up to the Israeli and Saudi governments. Of course Palestinians will not give up on their national aspirations any more than Israeli Jews would if they were promised economic rewards for agreeing to live under Muslim rule.

The only way Palestinians can improve their lives, and for Israelis to live without the threat of terror or worse, is for the two of them to make peace with the other. But neither is (yet) ready for necessary compromises and the Trump/Kushner plan is not going to help.

2 Likes

Jared, I try not to judge a book by its cover, but when the words enclosed are all gibberish, I must do just that. Let me suggest that you start by ceasing to use your wife’s makeup products as you look like a [must stop typing, now]

3 Likes

LMAO, it’s weird. I was thinking he doesn’t look human, like a robot with human skin draped over it, and as you say womans makeup all over it.

2 Likes

you 2 just took the words right out of my mouth, kushner-boy is an inhuman/fake looking thing, and just like daddy in law, a total zero (on the humanity scale), both those pieces of shit, and many, many more need to be flushed down the toilet to HADES itself!

1 Like

“…[must stop typing, now]”

true, enough. Such snowflakes seem horribly upset at being told that they look like whiney little spoiled biotches.

1 Like