Home | About | Donate

Jeff Bezos 1, Seattle Homeless 0. Now What?

Jeff Bezos 1, Seattle Homeless 0. Now What?

Katie Wilson
Cities around the United States are facing unprecedented crises of homelessness and housing insecurity, as escalating housing costs collide with stagnant wages and decades of cuts to social safety net programs.

Last fall in Seattle,

Katie, you asked the question, “what now?”. I would suggest a city-wide boycott of the business who fought this tax, and don’t think they should be held to account for the social problems in you’re city. Also since Bezos doesn’t like paying taxes where he operates, and doesn’t like paying his employees a livable wage, all of us need to boycott Amazon ( I never use Amazon ). Capitalists seem to only understand one thing, money. Hurt their pocket, and you might just see some positive results with this matter. Good luck.

Eat the rich.

The Corporation has more representation in the Government then does the People.

This is how Capitalism always ends up. As money concentrates in the hands of fewer people and as those few people “Control the means of Production” , thus Jobs and the Economy itself , that small number of people end up with all of the Political power.

In a system when the Corporation speaks and the elected Public officials leap to do their bidding, you might as well not have elections at all.

Wouldn’t public financing of city elections; a hybrid even, immunize the council members from most of this Corporate pushback? And, misinformation and false claims should be directed to the Seattle Media, for corrections. Boycotting them, picketing them are tactics that work and should be employed at the street level.
Fight back Seattle!!! Remember, there are no rules in a knife fight. Just saying.

Y’all know Bezos would just raise the cost of a Prime membership and other fees to make up the loss. Don’t tangle with the wealth of the elite, you’ll always lose. Bezos “earns” $275 million a day. The homeless should just go somewhere dark and die. ~sarcasm~

According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Bezos’ net worth on Jan. 1 was $99 billion. On May 1, it was $132 billion, meaning it rose $33 billion. If you divide that difference by the 120 days in that period, you find that he made $275 million a day.

Over the past several years I have been stunned by the number of homeless people in my part of town. (the largest city in the state) They’ve been discovered sleeping under trees just about 40 feet from my home, one homeless woman even found a way to sneak into our community pool/clubhouse (only homeowners can get in) and slept on the couch there for several months before she was discovered. A couple of weeks ago when I went to Staples the police were at the dumpster telling a homeless man and woman to move on. They’d slept there overnight. This breaks my heart and sickens me. We have become such a hateful group of people to allow this to continue.

I just wanna compost 'em.

Bezos doesn’t have “more money than [he] knows what to do with”

He knows precisely what to do with it

And who to do it to.

Common Dreams should do an interview with Marc Ridley Thomas–Los Angels County Supervisor about what he and others are doing for the homeless in L.A.------------ an actual working plan!