Home | About | Donate

Jesus in America Today: Spit Upon, Beaten, Banned

Jesus in America Today: Spit Upon, Beaten, Banned

Mark Morford

Here is Jesus H. Christ, walking around modern America, right now.

Can you imagine him? Here is, in other words, a dark-skinned, bearded, unkempt Middle Eastern Jew, acting all kinds of suspicious, ranting on street corners and hanging around with prostitutes and fanatics, rejecting money, violence and the ruling class, seen by Muslims as the divine precursor to their prophet as he lures the innocent and the seditious into his lawless cult of pacifism and peace.

If Jesus came back today he would be banned from most Christian churches, there is no doubt about it! Especially by speaking Aramaic, Jesus would be demonized to no end. The only difference between the economic and politically powerful elite of the time of Jesus and now is this: instead of crucifying Jesus now they would shoot him.

All the sins sanctified in his name ...

WWJD?

Sue for defamation of character?

I think history will call the US "The Roman Empire 2."

Why stop at just picturing Jesus? I'd love to see the reconstruction of Mary and Joseph, as well.

We all know that Jesus would be jailed, just like so many of the homeless poor. Just another bum without a job, a vagrant.

Seriously, what Jesus actually taught directly contradicts our policies, politics and culture. Did you know that Jesus had the audacity to say that it would be easier for a camel to walk through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven? (He didn't provide a list a exceptions.) Jesus also pointed out our responsibilities to legitimately aid the poor -- something that is the exact opposite of what this generation believes. Jesus said that "whatever you do to the least of these" -- children, the poor, the elderly and the disabled -- "you are doing to me." Well, middle class America got very, very tough on Jesus, dumping him out on the streets like trash.

The oldest standing Christian Church on Earth is in Ethiopia- The Ark of the Covenent is also alleged to be there-

"Too many guns, you see. He wouldn’t have a prayer".
Who needs guns when you have the Ark of the Covenant? Adolf Hitler did his desperate best to get his hands on it....

(From Arch to Arc finally to Ark-I had no idea this post would turn A portion of this site into A spelling bee).....

Yea, sure, of course, all the guilt and blame rests squarely on the shoulders of "Middle Class America"- What Planet are you from by the way????

That's pretty much the norm. America's Jesus is solidly middle class (owns a small carpentry business) and wears a Santa hat.

No, not all. For the most part, those who actually do try to live according to Jesus' teachings are condemned as "leftists" by the right, and ridiculed as delusional and/or ignorant by the left.

Actually, the middle class destroyed itself. What they did requires actually looking at our history. From FDR to Reagan, the US had implemented policies and programs that took the country to its height of wealth and productivity -- far from perfect, but much better. With Reagan, America decided to do the exact opposite, reversing the policies, ending the programs. The inevitable happened. Right now, we watch as the rich do to the middle class what the middle class already did to the poor.

This from "Revelations" which Christians, even those of European descent claims the direct word of God.

“And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.”

This a passage describing the return of Jesus in the flesh. Note that the color of "burned brass" is almost jet black. It certainly a long way from being "white".

I'm sorry but you have made him look crazed. There are many, man handsome Jews, why didn't you depict him as one of them?

I totally agree SJ- Just like A broken record spinning around with the same tired verse-
You just can't fix stupid....

Was he the Conquistador that had molten gold poured down his throat- If so, how poetically perfect!

Again with the WE.... many would GET it and follow the intended teachings. Many still do.

Arch is a building with a circular bridge-like interior.

You meant arc!

His talking point is to blame the Middle Class. Not that there's a clear definition for precisely where it begins and ends along a fungible--as in receding towards the global corporate vanishing point--demarcation zone....

Whatever the subject, Dhfabian chimes in with some nonsense aimed at blaming the Middle Class.

To this dingo, the Middle Class is responsible for the war on terror, rabid cops abusing young black men, campus rape, TPP and TIPP, and Obama's decided-behind-closed-doors "health" care reform, and taxation that enables the very rich to offshore their profits... oh, and add in Wall St.'s collapse and the subsequent mega bailout, and anything else he can throw a dirty sock at.

Correction noted. Thanks.

Jesus is my buddy and Jesus is my CEO . Just the all-American guy. Or he would be if he'd chosen the right parents and been born 2000 years later than he was .....