Home | About | Donate

Jill Stein, Green Party Presidential Candidate, Released the Following Statement in Response to Senator Bernie Sanders' Endorsement of Hillary Clinton Today

Words of wisdom and integrity from Dr Stein. A campaign based on integrity and issues that serve the needs of the 99% and strong civilian society will hopefully generate great support if her words can get out to the wider public past a corrupt biased media.

People that have supported the issues Bernie ran on will know Jill Steins commitment to those and more issues of critical importance. The trick is to somehow get more exposure for a candidate and party that till now has not been in the public eye.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Jill_Stein.htm

Every vote for Stein will be a slap in the face to the DNC and their candidate.

I only wish I could vote for the Good Doctor more than once.

Stein 2016!

I really like this statement by Dr. Jill Stein, in response to Bernie Sanders' disappointing endorsement of Hillary Clinton today. Jill's statement is a clear and thorough summary of most of the main issues in this presidential campaign, and shows, once again, that Dr. Stein is intelligent, knowledgeable, articulate, and compassionate.

(Compare Jill's statements with the capitalist-imperialist-militarist comments by Clinton and Trump!)

I also like Jill's sly reference to "foundation" in her second paragraph because the Clinton "Foundation" is an even more important scandal than Hillary's crimes in mishandling her emails. The Clinton "Foundation" scandal is not over yet -- and it may cause Hillary and Bill Clinton a lot of legal and political problems still to come.

As for Jill Stein, she is the new, true leader of the progressive-leftist "political revolution" that Bernie Sanders has now stepped away from. It's disappointing that Bernie chose to endorse Hillary Clinton and chose not to run for President with Jill Stein as his VP partner. (And it's absolutely rude and shameful that Sanders reportedly never called Jill Stein and never addressed Green Party members -- even though she and the GP reached out to Bernie many times!)

I -- like millions of former Bernie supporters -- have lost a lot of respect for Bernie today. The former leader steps away and goes to the back of the line now. Jill steps up and steps to the front of the line now. Jill is the new, true leader of the left now.

Let's give Jill Stein and the Green Party our support, our donations, and our votes now! (There's nothing left for us in Hillary Clinton's candidacy or in the corrupt and criminal Democratic Party.)

Let's all DEMAND of the Dips & Pugs & the MSM that Jill Stein be included in ALL of the presidential debates! (No more handcuffing of Jill to a chair in secret while the presidential debate goes on in public!)

Let's make Jill Stein the U.S. President and let's help make the Green Party go waaaay over 20% -- and go on its way to becoming the #1 political party in the USA!

I am amazed that so many so-called "progressive" women stand for a woman who is a notorious liar, a Wall Street sycophant, a corporatist tool ("the TPP is the Gold Standard of free trade treaties"), an incessant war monger (Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Ukraine, Syria, trying for Iran, with one eye on Russia and the other on China) seeking regime change in every one of those countries, as well as supporting the coup in Honduras in 2009 as Secretary of State which has led to the assassinations by US trained hit squads of more than 100 Indigenous peaceful activists trying to organize their people in defense of their lands, including Berta Caceres, and why? Because she is a woman, they want a woman president.
Well, then, why not pick the only one with incredible credentials, who has served the people as a medical doctor, not the corporations as a political hack like Hillary. And Dr. Stein has turned her attention to helping all of the people, the poor, the working class, the discriminated against and incarcerated, as well as protecting the environment and Mother Earth through these last two presidential campaigns.
Jill Stein in 2016!

I have been saying all along if Bernie endorsed Hillary and refused to run on another ticket, Jill Stein would get my vote. Now she has it. This piece exemplifies exactly why she should get our vote. Bravo and I will be sharing this as well.

dont forget personal gain.......thats a BIG one.

I agree. Jill Stein is my preferred candidate, but right now I am honestly torn between voting for her or Trump. (If I vote for him, it will definitely be my last time voting for the Presidential candidate of either major party.) I could swallow four years of Trump vs. eight years of Hillary, and I refuse to vote for Hillary out of fear of Trump. How much damage he can actually do is yet unknown. The damage Hillary will do if elected is well known given her public track record of corruption, her lust for war profiteering, and her pathological dishonesty.

Based on her credentials, Dr. Stein is highly intelligent and capable. She is extremely articulate and convincing when expressing herself in writing. However, she doesn't seem to have assertive speaking skills. When I watch her being interviewed she sometimes comes across as less than persuasive and even half-baked at times, though it's probably nothing an expert speaking coach couldn't easily help her master rather quickly. As is, I think MSM would make toast out of her if she became primetime.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This is an important comment written on a post by Jonnie Westerop. I recommend that anyone confused by Bernie's endorsement read it. Bernie is playing chess, not checkers, so stop howling and whining, and hold the damned course:
Q. Why did Bernie endorse Hillary now?
A. They threatened to completely shut him out of the convention if he didn't.
Q. Couldn't he have said screw them and go and fight at the convention anyway?
A. No. Hillary has more delegates, Superdelegates, and supporters on the DNC rules committee. They would have voted down every one of our platforms, denied Bernie the opportunity to speak, and basically shut him out of the entire process. All the leverage he has gained up to this point would be gone.
Q. So wait, Bernie DIDN'T quit today?
A. No. He had to say she won the primary, he endorses her and will help the party defeat Trump, yadda yadda but he DID NOT concede. There is a very big and important difference. Had he conceded, all of his delegates would go to Hillary and he would no longer be an option for nominee.
Q. So Bernie can actually still win??
A. YES. And if he wasn't still TRYING to win, he would have conceded. The ONLY option he had to get to the convention with his delegates behind him and have a chance to still win was to do what he did today. He is not a traitor. He didn't sell us out. He did the only possible thing he could have done to keep fighting for the nomination.
Q. So how can Bernie still win if he's losing the delegate count and he just said he will help Hillary win the election?
A. By far the most important thing to the DNC, even more important than making sure Hillary beats Bernie, is making sure the Democratic nominee beats the Republicans in November. They scrutinize every poll, every opinion of the public, every event to judge whether a candidate is strong enough to win in November. There are A LOT of things going on right now that show how weak a general election candidate Hillary Clinton is:
-66% of the country sees her as untrustworthy
-60% thinks she should have been indicted for the email scandal
-A lot of Bernie supporters won't vote for her
-Congress has requested the Department of Justice investigate her for lying under oath about the email scandal
-There's a possibility more emails will be leaked by Wikileaks or hackers further proving her guilt
-Many believe the FBI is secretly investigating the Clinton Foundation
-Her "wins" during the primary havr been tainted with accusations of fraud, suppression, lawsuits, and investigations
And then there's Bernie. An honest candidate people trust and whose approval rating and trustworthy rating crushes Clinton's. This is the argument Bernie will make at the convention. With all his 1,900 delegates inside arguing this case and 100,000 supporters outside arguing this case, we hope the DNC realizes he's the only choice. He CAN win the convention, but he has to get there first. That's why he endorsed her today.
Q. So it's still important that all of his delegates go to the convention and we all still march on it like we planned?
A. It's more important now than it ever was before.
Q. What if the DNC still refuses to nominate him at the convention? Can he still run third party now that he endorsed her?
A. Yes. In fact, running third party has never been an option until AFTER the convention. We need to stick with Bernie and see this through to the convention. He's led us this far. Do not abandon him now.
Q. What if he loses at the convention and doesn't run third party, but instead endorses Hillary 100% and asks us to vote for her?
A. Then our revolution continues without him and we continue to fight against Hillary Clinton and the DNC all the way up to November and beyond by voting for someone like Jill Stein or writing Bernie in. But the time for that is NOT here yet.

StillSanders #ItAintOverPeople #StayTheCourseInPhilly

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice,
then you are a comrade of mine!"
~Che Guevara

SANDERS SUPPORTERS & STEIN: STRONGER TOGETHER

someextratexttogetaroundeditmessage:bodyisinvalid;trytobealittlemoredescriptive.lessismorecd,lessismore