Home | About | Donate

'John Bolton Must Be Stoked': Experts Put Blame for Cancelled North Korea Talks Squarely on Trump's Top Warmonger

'John Bolton Must Be Stoked': Experts Put Blame for Cancelled North Korea Talks Squarely on Trump's Top Warmonger

Jake Johnson, staff writer

As the world scrambles to make sense of U.S. President Donald Trump's bizarre and potentially disastrous letter announcing the cancellation of his planned meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un on Thursday, lawmakers and anti-war advocates argued that the Trump White House's repeated regime change threats and national security adviser John Bolton's belligerent rhetoric are to blame for the summit's collapse.

Can there be any doubt that Bolton is the perfect fit for Ameika’s Fourth Reich!

And the US MIC certainly has Bolton’s back…

Bolton is the bull in the china shop but much more deceptive and dangerous.

Maybe they will nominate him for a Nobel Peace Prize.

The MIC by all accounts wanted to keep the Iran agreement intact. Let’s just call this what it is: a Trump fuckup. The president got ahead of himself, saying he’d get a Nobel, minting a stupid coin, promising all kinds of things, while most experts on Korea were calling him dumb. North Korea was never going to dump its nukes, and Trump was more into pageantry than intelligence and understanding. When he realized how stupid he looked, he called it off.

The MIC had zero to do with this, other than trying to inform the president that he was way out in front of himself.

All going according to plan. While the clown they got elected distracts everyone, wars of opportunity will be waged, the public sector will collapse, all public holdings will be auctioned off to the highest bidder. America will split apart, becoming Balkanized. The former USA will be divided up into five or six old school city states, each led by a family dynasty of billionaire oligarchs (Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Louisana will be run by the Kochs, will perhaps a little help from the Walton’s. The Great Lakes region by DeVoss, perhaps the Mercers, ect)
We’re all on a death ship now. Better learn your local corporate anthem, and get used to the slim pickings at the company store. What was old, is new again…

‘John Bolton Must Have A Stroke’ …

From time to time I’ve watched some recent interviews with John Bolton. And one thing that stands out with Neocons like him. They lie there ass off and engage in Orwellian doublespeak. The Devil (Bolton) actually thinks both the invasions of Libya and Iraq were great ideas.

Oooh. Someone’s in for a hard day at the office.

Bolton and Trump–deluded to our collective end unless we mobilize into a massive resistance with total non cooperation preceded by boycotts, strikes, and massive demonstrations.

John Bolton exudes hate. It cuts to his core. To have him so close to the levels of power scares the life out of me.

Agreed. Or a good old-fashioned massive heart attack. Alternately, he could slip and fall and break his God damned neck. Soooo very, very un-Christian of me…shame…

From John Bolton’s Wikipedia bio:

"He wrote in his Yale 25th reunion book “I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy. I considered the war in Vietnam already lost.” In an interview, Bolton discussed his comment in the reunion book, explaining that he decided to avoid service in Vietnam because “by the time I was about to graduate in 1970, it was clear to me that opponents of the Vietnam War had made it certain we could not prevail, and that I had no great interest in going there to have Teddy Kennedy give it back to the people I might die to take it away from.”

Like every other privileged draft age male of the day, Bolton used his connections to get a very rare and almost impossible to attain spot in the National Guard to avoid going to Vietnam. While the sons of lesser folk were refused such appointments and went to die in the rice paddies, he was assured that he would never have to “die for your freedom.”

And the part about not wanting to die in war that he knew we were actively trying to lose is of course the biggest cop out of all. He’s a slimy right wing coward without the courage to back up his tough talk, but all the connections he needs to save his own sorry ass anytime he starts something he can’t finish.

And doncha love the part about "Teddy Kennedy giv[ing] it back to the people I might die to take it away from”?

We can’t even take away a country from it’s inhabitants and then keep it for our own profit. What’s to die for, anway?

Here’s what a Christian guy named Matthew said on the 5;30 from Hoboken …

… And if thy right hand John Bolton offend thee, cut it him off, and cast it him from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members vile Republicans should perish, and not that thy whole body Mothergrabbing county should be cast into hell …

Perhaps we should wait for a crucial seven days in June?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

very bleak. you could probably beat out Chris Hedges in a contest for the most dismal scenarios. I hope none of this comes to pass but I can’t put anything past these devious creatures.

to have a heart attack…one has to have a heart. Don’t think Bolton qualifies.

Yea, these big neo-cons who will willingly send our children to their wars seem to get a pass. I’m thinking Trump, Bolton, Bush and Cheney. I don’t blame them for not wanting to go but they are such hypocrites.

Ted Bundy - John Bolton. Difference? Bolton waaaaaay worse.