Home | About | Donate

John Oliver Launches Latest Attack on Trump's FCC, Bombarding Agency with Robocalls to Demand Action Against Scammers

John Oliver Launches Latest Attack on Trump's FCC, Bombarding Agency with Robocalls to Demand Action Against Scammers

Julia Conley, staff writer

On Sunday, HBO's John Oliver zeroed in once again on an injustice perpetrated on the American people and took direct action—this time focusing his attention on robocalls and the Trump administration's refusal to combat them.

2 Likes

When I get these calls I respond with the most foul, abusive language I can think of.

No–BAN them!

3 Likes

Saw this last night - hilarious. He should up the call cycle to every 20 mins rather than 90.
I received 5 robocalls between noon and 2 pm today.

I no longer pickup if I don’t recognize the number
and as Giovanna-Lepore says above - BAN THEM. I"m not paying for a phone so these assholes can have access to me

1 Like

The machine at the other end might get offended as soon as AIs get deployed to make them robocalls.

Joking aside, i cut my landline in 2003 and my cell provider is pretty good at screening robo calls. Never got one on my call #.

I set up a Google Voice IP line for fun. They’re pretty good too. Getting maybe one call per month. I can see the blocked ones in their log. Maybe 2-3 per week.

I love John Oliver, and I solved a lot of problems with telemarketers by only speaking in Spanish…my friends know what to do----and everyone else has to deal with another language. It has cut down on all kinds of calls. I did call the FCC first though , and they told me to-----get an Attorney. It’s more fun to annoy the callers. : )

Yea, but the FCC under Trump doesn’t care about the american people and their rights.

Get the call blocking app “Should I Answer” and set the sensitivity fairly high and your days of unwanted phone calls will be over.

Sorry, but on a scale of one to ten, this issue is a zero. Don’t answer calls you don’t recognize. If they don’t leave a message, nothing is lost. Must be a slow news day to have this even make the pick of articles for the day. Did you know the nation/planet is falling apart at the seams?! Robocalls are the least of our problems.