Home | About | Donate

Joining Arms With Actresses at Golden Globes, Activists to Highlight Demand for End to Sexual Abuse

Joining Arms With Actresses at Golden Globes, Activists to Highlight Demand for End to Sexual Abuse

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

"Our goal in attending the Golden Globes is to shift the focus back to survivors and on systemic, lasting solutions."

I have a question.

Are there no women who are responsible for ANY part of this? I mean as enablers, I mean as bystanders.

Additionally, are there no men who have been sexually abused in the business?

It is the mind set of the mentally impacted, the mentally incapable - the mindset of the broader culture and the smaller family that condone and deflect truth, promote or minimize/marginalize abuse, that have gotten us so far.

I have, at this very moment, a child that is being abused horrifically at the hands of her mother. I have been not tools to help her. I have no one on my side and support what so ever.

I find this rah rah gender tribalism disgusting.

Please stop.
Address the power structures, social devices and established hierarchies that allow for abuse.
Getting off on genital exclusivity is compounding the problem, and ignoring the truth.
Please, Please, Please stop this.

Please please please familiarize yourself with the term “false equivalence.”

Yes there are women who act as enablers, and yes there are male victims, but they are exceptions.

The overwhelming majority of victims are—and have always been—women, and the overwhelming majority of perpetrators are—and have always been—men.