Home | About | Donate

Joining Nationwide Shift, Philadelphia's Progressive DA Drops Dozens of Marijuana Possession Charges

Joining Nationwide Shift, Philadelphia's Progressive DA Drops Dozens of Marijuana Possession Charges

Julia Conley, staff writer

Joining a number of other major cities, Philadelphia has dropped criminal charges against dozens of residents for marijuana possession, with District Attorney Larry Krasner outlining a new policy for the drug on Thursday.

The charges against 51 people were dropped last week, Krasner announced.

"We are going to tell them, yes, drop any cases that are simply marijuana possession," Krasner said of the new drug policy directive for the city.

Watch:

From the article:

“I did it because I felt it was the right thing to do,” Krasner said of the decision.

How refreshing. Would that there were 535 like you in Congress, and 9 like you on SCOTUS.

“The cleared charges did not apply to people who were accused of having an intent to deliver or sell marijuana.”

That’s a big loophole.

Are we gonna get some folks out of jail, or is this only for those not yet convicted?

Bah, and there I was hoping he did this so he could go after the banksters.

Protectionism is a bane of capitalism. Pot has been the victim of racism, scaremongering politicians, Big Booze and Big Pharma, among many others. Now they want to control it and profit from something that should be as legal as parsley.

Direct Democracy

Wouldn’t hold my breath for that. I believe that would require the DA’s to sign off on it, not likely.
DA’s don’t want to release people who have been exonerated with DNA results, it hurts their win/loss record.

“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”
—Carl Sagan

I’m mad as hell and don’t want the people to take this police state gestapo BS anymore. Criminal government fully revealed against the majority of the peoples opinion. The stunted rat like AG Sessions obviously has the Dumpsters approval. “Good people do not oppose the peoples right to use a natural substance however they see fit for personal and medicinal reasons.” Cannabis use produces a non violent and healthier population.