Home | About | Donate

Journalists, Dissenters Targets of Egypt's Draconian New 'Anti-Terror' Law

Journalists, Dissenters Targets of Egypt's Draconian New 'Anti-Terror' Law

Sarah Lazare, staff writer

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi on Sunday officially signed into law sweeping new "anti-terrorism" legislation that dramatically expands his powers to impose the death penalty, crack down on dissent, and stamp out journalism that the government deems to be "false."

Neocon bankster Obama's legacy in full plumage.

The Egyptian military dictatorship, yet another criminal US ally along with Israel, Turkey, and the Saudi's who rule with an iron fist and exterminate any opposition. The US "leadership" and MICC War machine have chosen some fine companions for its wars and crimes against humanity!

Hiding the truth of war crimes is why journalists are targeted by all of the leaders and security forces in these nations, this is especially true of Israel. A similar, though less violent, mechanism to hide truth from the public is to "embed" journalists while making their independent presence illegal in war zones like the US (even though our press, the "Fourth Estate" has been over-run and bought-up to accomplish much the same thing. Journalists exposing the truth of criminal terrorist states actions is like water to the Wicked Witch of the West - they will do anything to keep it from happening to continue hiding all the truth from the wider public!

Yes, he is a cruel and vicious absolute dictator who meets any criticism or dissent with death, torture, incarceration and worse. He represses his people mercilessly.
* However, he is our cruel and vicious absolute dictator who meets any criticism or dissent with death, torture, incarceration and worse. He represses his people mercilessly and can therefore do no wrong.
* Therefore, the Fourth Reich must give him all the weaponry he requires, all the intelligence he wants, and turn our backs on his actions, as long as he does what we want, and fights the nations the Reich objects to.
* If he is really successful at repression, the Reich will probably send over people to study his success for use in the Homeland, should the people get restive there.
* I used to think the US had fallen into a cesspool, but now I realize the US Fourth Reich dug the damned thing and for some reason seems to enjoy wallowing in it.
* Sad and sick.
;-})

Beyond shameful and this in the same week as Kerry has the temerity to lecture Cuba on democracy.

Yes, I thought Kerry's admonishments were beyond tacky, and beyond bad taste. And I know a thing or two about remarks in bad taste. Sorry about the Saudi thing; you were right of course. Remark was wrong on several different levels.

I had the luck to have an English teacher that gave us Animal Farm and 1984 as readers. These days they should be compulsory reading in any meaningful education system. As if...