Home | About | Donate

Journalists Should Stand Up for Whistleblowers

Journalists Should Stand Up for Whistleblowers

Timothy Karr

The Obama administration’s ongoing crusade against government whistleblowers — which culminated last year in the imprisonment of former CIA officer Jeffrey Sterling — has reignited a debate over the role journalists should play in defending their profession and the sources and networks on which it depends

Thank you, Mr. Karr for explaining the "what, who, and why" components within a functioning information "ecosystem."

I think your analysis needs to take the events that followed 911 into account.

For some time I've been making the argument that rather than blame specific Presidencies or rank them in the "which was worst" order, it's important to understand that each one since Reagan has paved the way for the Draconian Control State that now operates as a Vichy Democracy.

So while Obama may have assumed the role of prosecuting more whistle-blowers, it was the Bush Junta's war on terror which set the stage.

After all, under the context of National Security--a premise driven to a high pitch during so-called "War Time," --a President can define any threat to foreign policy AS a National Security issue.

Those of us who understand that the Project for a New American Century was a blueprint; and that this particular blueprint called for the evisceration of 6 Middle East Nations (all but 1 of which HAVE been destroyed) ... also take 911 for a False Flag.

Part of any False Flag operation is setting up an authoritarian state. And there's nothing so threatening to the controls of said authoritarian state than brave voices exposing inconvenient Truths.

My point is--all of this has been planned.

Speaking in terms of the ecology of information access without discussing the Draconian framework devised as a result of 911... is like crafting a sand castle with the tide about to roll in.

A more solid foundation exists.