Home | About | Donate

Joy Reid’s Defenders Praise Her Apology — But Ignore Her Apparent Cover-Up

Joy Reid’s Defenders Praise Her Apology — But Ignore Her Apparent Cover-Up

Hayley Miller

Joy Reid has apologized for writing anti-LGBTQ posts on her old blog, but she still has not answered important questions about her honesty and journalistic integrity.

Joy Reid has the mind and the ability to have been something special. Instead she is nothing but a willing tool of the neo-liberal elites. She should be pitied and avoided like the plague.

She should be made accountable for what seems for certain likely - an intentional fabrication. How can she be trusted with the “truth” in her reporting?

Give me a break. Really, this is what liberals have to fight about? I don’t give a f’ what Joy said ten years ago. If you asked my parents or even my grandparents what they said 10, 15, 20, 30 years ago you liberals would have tarred and feathered them. Not conservatives, liberals like female hating Glen Greenwald and his co-hort Assange. My parents had a gay son and they had to change. And they now love their son. People change. But it seems that is the problem with some Democrats and some liberals, they don’t change. They are very rigid and demand punishment. Case in point, Al Franken, who I believe did not deserve the punishment meted out. That is coming from someone who served in the USN for 5 years during VietNam, worked in a male field as a chemist and computer analyst before the Internet. So I know a lot about sexual harassment. I despise the man in the white house but to borrow his words, this is a witch hunt.

LOL She gave up being trusted a long time ago. Only the brainwashed and the foolish listen to Joy Reid.

She easily could’ve just apologized and claimed that she doesn’t hold those views anymore. Instead she tried to pull of some far-fetched stunt, claiming her blog was hacked and that she didn’t write what she clearly knew she wrote (since she then decided to apologize later). That’s not a witch hunt. She brought this upon herself.