Home | About | Donate

Jubilant Celebrations Outside Trump White House, Nationwide After Biden/Harris Victory

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/07/jubilant-celebrations-outside-trump-white-house-nationwide-after-bidenharris-victory

5 Likes

I hope that the proper officials keep tabs on trump. We don’t want to see him skip the country. Then we would have to extradite him to bring him back to face his legal challenges.

12 Likes

Wonder where these folks will be, when Biden bombs Iran, continues suicidal aggression against Russia and China, moves to cut Social Security and Medicare?

Three guesses.

19 Likes

Get LOST jayce, time to rejoice today!

14 Likes

People were happy about Obama too, and then got nothing for 8 year but the Dole/Romney health payment plan to enrich insurers.

15 Likes

Let’s commence a stirring, frothing chant of USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! It’ll make us feel better while the GOP-DNC junta directs the final dispossession of the USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

17 Likes

We get to be happy today, and just ignore callous idiots who don’t understand how it feels to remove your neck from underneath the Man’s knee. We just vanquished our special tyrant out here, and if you feel like showing up to ridicule our joy, you should be wearing a red hat while you’re at it, jackasses, because to stand against joy today is to swear eternal fealty to fascist tyranny.

Go crawl back into your fetid holes now, all you white-supremacist heteropatriarchal trolls.

13 Likes

Lol :rofl:

2 Likes

It has been absolutely wonderful here today out on the streets and overpasses, on sidewalks with Biden/Harris signs.
Huge rainbow crowds of people relieved and victorious, agreeing we dodged a bullet, that four more years of Fuhrer would have been the end of us.
Fewer Trumpers than expected shouting derision or making hostile gestures.
Many many many people honking and giving thumbs up.
Today is a day of happiness, something America hasn’t had since Trump swore the oath of office.

14 Likes

Besides Medicare for all, the environment, labor protections, consumer protections, we have to re-regulate the polluting corporations, the banks, and… We must make laws of protection from other fascist coup attempts in the near and far future - This administration proved that It. Can. Happen. Here. We missed it only by a hair this time. There will be more attempts - Resistance is not futile. Also the Senate, we must take that control back, we have two years to do it. The corrupt, fascist, bigots will not give it up easily.

9 Likes

Soon to be just a bad memory of the orange thing that use to haunt the White house and make flatulent noises to the media incessantly. Yes, this is indeed, a good day. Cheers

8 Likes

Okay, good. Good comment. Someone might suggest that your emotionalism is a bit over the top. Someone else might suggest that gratuitous insults are uncalled for.

Perhaps it is best to be jubilant at what has transpired (as I am), and sober, clear-eyed & realistic at the same time. Perhaps we could try to be a bit less oppositional in our thinking. Perhaps we could lean toward conjunctions instead of disjunctions. Assumptions are the enemies of knowledge.

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your feeling that the Man’s knee has been removed from your neck. I share your feeling and share your joy. What a wonderful Saturday.

5 Likes

Congratulations to Joseph Biden and Kamala Harris.

I am looking forward to both of your thoughts in this most perilous of times - when the votes are all in and counted.

But right now - pop the Champagne !

6 Likes

On NPR someone, a guest, was asked where do they think Trump should go after leaving the WH: I shouted–to prison!!

9 Likes

What happens when an entire nation goes through stress hormone withdrawal at the same time?

2 Likes

I gotta admit, it feels good to have back in office a kinder, gentler war criminal. Party on!

9 Likes

Well, that isn’t quite true. One thing has definitely changed. An ignorant man with a vulgar, vicious disposition has been served notice that his time as make-believe Emperor is over.

7 Likes

What ever one says about Biden; the sweetest words to me are: strong text TRUMP YOU ARE FIRED!

9 Likes

Gotta admit, “strong text” are pretty sweet words.

“Trump you are fired” are sweet words of course, too. ;-}

1 Like

Yes and I agree, lets all be thankful that Trump so far, has not been able to steal the election and get 4 more years. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

4 Likes