Home | About | Donate

Judge Hands Down Another Acquittal for Officer in Freddie Gray Case

Judge Hands Down Another Acquittal for Officer in Freddie Gray Case

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Baltimore Police Lt. Brian Rice, the highest ranking officer charged in the death of Freddie Gray, was on Monday acquitted on all counts.

It marks the fourth time prosecutors have failed to secure a conviction in the case, the Baltimore Sun notes, and in turn "is likely to renew calls for Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby to drop the remaining charges[...] including from the union that represents the city's rank-and-file officers."

None of the Freddie Gray killers to my knowledge chose a jury trial - almost always cops opt for a trial before a judge - who is a "team player" very often.
There was going to be no justice for Freddie right from the moment they took him down and broke his neck before he got near that van, as the video shows a clearly seriously injured man who could not walk and was in serious pain.
If there is going to be any end to the violence there must be actual accountability and justice, and that means for killer cops who must be weeded out by other cops - the chances of that are slim to none, IMO, and police belligerence, violence, killings and brutality will continue with grave consequences........

So sad.

LOL! I had to look that up! Yeah, I've been feeling that way ever since 9/11.

Cops and the injustice system are one in the same.

Let's see, Freddy ran from the cops and when they put him in a truck he was crippled. Fucken cops.