Home | About | Donate

Judge Rules Valve Turner Ken Ward Must Be Allowed to Present 'Necessity Defense' for Climate Action

Judge Rules Valve Turner Ken Ward Must Be Allowed to Present 'Necessity Defense' for Climate Action

Jake Johnson, staff writer

The Court of Appeals for the state of Washington on Monday overturned valve turner Ken Ward's burglary conviction because he was not allowed to present a climate "necessity defense" of his role in the multi-state action to shut down tar sands pipelines in 2016.

As heartened by this decision as I am I do regret that a dangerous precedent might be set if energy policing becomes a rallying cry for complete anarchy. If the damn Article I* folks from the Constitution would do their jobs properly and a legitimate Article II team enforce true solutions, the Article III folks could sit this out on the bench (pun intended).

*Yes, I know that this is at the Article IV level.

"Cooler Heads" must prevail if we are to address Climate Change.

Not sure how you define “Cooler Heads” and what actions exactly should “prevail” to address Climate Change. Please explain. Thanks!!

I hope dozens of class action suits are attempted by any group that feels overwhelmingly challenged by climate change. Being able to protest is paramount.

Farmer,

I wish that I had the answer to what actions are necessary. I really do.

I’m not a scientist, I’m a lover, of People, Planet, and Peace.

By “cooler heads” I was referring to those in the Scientific World who do have the answers and suggestions for the actions necessary to address Climate Change in a thoughtful manner.

Comprenda?