Home | About | Donate

Judith Miller’s Blame-Shifting Memoir

Judith Miller’s Blame-Shifting Memoir

Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity

U.S. intelligence veterans recall the real story of how New York Times reporter Judith Miller disgraced herself and her profession by helping to mislead Americans into the disastrous war in Iraq. They challenge the slick, self-aggrandizing rewrite of history in her new memoir.

MEMORANDUM FOR: Americans Malnourished on the Truth About Iraq

FROM: Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS)

SUBJECT: A New “Miller’s Tale” (with apologies to Geoffrey Chaucer)

Thanks, guys, er, heroes.

Thank you for putting the pants on the truth, again.

Meanwhile, as you've noted, the lies have travelled halfway round the world, killed a million people, and returned home to publish its memoirs.

Judith Miller, in the tradition of propagandists posing as journalists, is using Goebbel's precept that the LIE told often enough will be believed. Perhaps facing the darkness of her own deed and how it contributed so directly to the massacre of a possible million persons causes her psyche to draw down a cognitive wall... the better not to gaze beyond.

"Perhaps facing the darkness of her own deed and how it contributed so
directly to the massacre of a possible million persons causes her psyche
to draw down a cognitive wall... the better not to gaze beyond."
If only.
My take is that she and those like her are not able to see that other people's lives matter. I have no doubt she believes about those deaths, as Ms Albright said, "but the price — we think the price is worth it.".

The reference to Chaucer's The Miller's Tale is quite appropriate. Both of these stories involve a lot of ass kissing.

the Iraq War, for which she was lead drum majorette, killed one million people.

It also made a shitload of money for quite a few of Bush and Cheney's supporters. The proceeds from the "sales" of this book will be their way of thanking Miller providing cover for their scheme.

mcp

So two nights ago (Friday, April 17)  Bill Maher interviewed Judith Miller on Real Time. Aha !  I thought, Bill is REALLY going to rake this fraud Miller over the coals !!

But I was hugely disappointed. Bill didn't seem to have done his homework, he tossed her softball questions, let her slide on all sorts of issues !! I hope you join me in e-mailing Maher & demanding a do-over. Come on Maher, you're just too young to lose your edge.
E-mail Maher now -- don't let him SLIDE on this one.