Home | About | Donate

'Just... Tax the Rich' to Avoid Austerity, Patriotic Millionaires Tells NY Gov. Cuomo After Mayor de Blasio Cuts City Spending

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/16/just-tax-rich-avoid-austerity-patriotic-millionaires-tells-ny-gov-cuomo-after-mayor

2 Likes

Cuomo is a Wall Street democrat, and that means republican light. As NYS AG he could have investigated, indicted, prosecuted, and imprisoned Wall Street crash banksters (like mnuchin), and didn’t. Now as Governor he could raise their taxes and won’t. Makes me think that he’s weighing a future run for prez.

5 Likes

With democrats like these…

4 Likes

Think BIG Cuomo----------the same with idiot Newsom-------Create a state Bank---------and–take all that wasted money on the police and move it to COMMUNITY HEALTHCARE CENTERS! Tell the police Union that you will be cutting their pensions.

3 Likes

de Blasio is demonstrating the corporate take over of our society-he is showing us that he is only another corporate stooge doing the bidding of the rich while letting the people rot from the neglect of his government–this is being done for the benefit of the corporations and their owners calling the tunes with their bribes–can you say CORRUPT

Austerity Programs are Upon us. Government spending at all levels for social programs is being cut and will be cut. Social security, Medicare, Medicaid are on the chopping block, while Military Spend ($750Billion, more likely well over $1 Trillion) is on the rise… If the Rich want to protect “their” money they had best give away most of it… For the system is collapsing and they will fall with the rest of us… “We are all in it together”…so true a sinking ship takes all down with it"… Search: “The Coming Financial Storms” to help you prepare and adapt to the new reality. Live Local-Work Local- Local Security

Simple - stop rebating the Stock Transfer Tax to the brokers and traders who pay it - it brings in about $10 billion/year

When the RICH THEMSELVES are ASKING to have their taxes raised to what they really OUGHT TO BE ALREADY, and when the governor MOST likely to take them up on it WON’T, I say we need a CULTURAL READJUSTMENT a LOT more than we need to convince the Rich to send down their ILL-GOTTEN money!

Because this isn’t a case of the Rich not wanting to send it, but of Cuomo not wanting to take it – though he knows that voluntary contribution is sorely needed.

Now, just maybe, the cultural readjustment we need is far more that a VOLUNTARY contribution could handle, and I can DEFINITELY get behind that idea. Maybe, just maybe, we need to be treating “our” Billiooo,ooo,ooonaires just like we treat the rest of us on our taxes: as people who OWE those taxes to the rest of us who’ve been carrying their loads all this time!

PAY UP!

Once they’ve PAID US BACK, I’ll be open to some other point of view, but until then…