Home | About | Donate

'Just the Beginning' as 400 Arrested on Capitol Steps Protesting Big Money in Politics

Huh?
QUOTE: 'If you choose to defend (?) the status quo of corruption, there's going to be growing nonviolent resistance in the streets, at the Capitol, at your fundraisers, and in the polls, to say that we will not take it anymore.'UNQUOTE
Bold emphasis mine

Should that not have been 'fight'?

It is hard to see how Citizens United can be overturned without a Supreme Court reversal. Can anyone explain? Moreover, this election shows that the delegation of running federal elections to the states(by our Constitution raises significant obstacles to widespread popular participation and the opportunity to raise what are considered radical views.

The Revolution will not be televised. I didn't see even a mention of it on MSM. These people make me so proud to be American. Watching all the middle east countries going for the Arab Spring, I kept wondering when it would happen here. Well it has and it makes me proud to know my kids and grands will at least live in a country that strives for Democracy. We cannot afford more oligarchs running things. That's why we have to shun Clinton's lies and vote for Bernie.

I think the "you" the quote is referring to are the members of Congress who are bought and paid for by the corporate elite.

Great statement Dede, thanks...

Gee, and this happened on the same day that the GOP "selected" their candidate in Colorado. I think the protesters should be pointing out the lack of Democracy in Colorado. I think everyone who believes that we live in a Democracy should be alarmed.

So long as the people don't give up, but go on demonstrating wave upon wave, every day with ever more participants, they will succeed in taking back the country from the 1%. Arrests are good when people invite themselves to be arrested, in greater numbers than ever until the jails are unable to accommodate them, so that makeshift camps are necessarily. When this happens, the 1% would be looked at with contempt whenever they go around the world using "democracy" as an excuse to intervene and invade other nations. More important, the country would be ungovernable: at that moment the puppets of 1% would collapse, and a government of the people, by the people, for the people, established. This is regime change, something that the neocons never imagined would happen to them.

What would be the best way for the oligarchy to disarm the opposition than to make people afraid of guns, condemn gun owners and spread anti-gun propaganda?

Why did the police arrest 400 disarmed liberals in a demonstration, but why no arrests in an armed Tea Party demonstration?

Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. - Mao ...

Check out The Liberal Gun Club:

http://www.theliberalgunclub.com

These people who put their bodies on the line deserve great honor, recognition and support! We all need to join them when possible to also put our bodies where our mouths are!
This is part of the Sanders Political Revolution and Occupy, a demand for justice, integrity, honesty and an end to corruption whether official or private - the end to the corruption of political parties and government bought and paid-for by big money! An end to candidates, elections, legislation, being of, by and for the 1% rather than of, by and FOR the people, the 99%!
Which side are you on?

OCCUPY LIVES!

Protesters are unarmed, not disarmed. Big Difference.

These 400 people that got arrested are the real American patriots and that is why the dinosaur MSM failed to televise the protests. These protesters that want to bring political freedom and democracy to America and are willing to be incarcerated make me proud to be an American!

I am old, broken and worn-out. Back in my day we stopped a war. This can be done folk's. Get in the street. Put down your toys and get in the street. Peacefully, quietly, orderly and with respect get in the street. It might be really cool if it is done in total silence. What words haven't already been said? If done in silence the shame of it all is dumped in their collective laps and that is truly what it is, Shame. No yelling, no braking of things, just silence. Non-violence is the most effective action anyone can take. Wage Peace.

They have been disarmed by the anti-gun propaganda.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress, January 8, 1790
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785
"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

http://lgoa.org/Home.html

As to the "makeshift camps," remember the no-bid KBR built Concentration Camps Bush had constructed, "to hold victims of the bird flu, masses of immigrating people, or for such other purposes the President may designate."
* They are still there, awaiting "guests."
;-})

Your 3 sentences are the beginnings of defining a republic not a democracy. There is the rub, we are a republic. The term democracy is bandied about too easily and republic rarely used, thus the confusion. CU has too much history to be other than what it is, the "person-hood" of a corporation was established long before CU. And from the beginning the aim was to limit those that could vote to maintain the republic. This is why hrc is truly a republican and Bernie a very real democrat in the classical meaning of these terms.

3 squares and a cot, oh boy can't wait :slight_smile:

Yes, I had those on my mind when I mentioned the "makeshift camps." :slight_smile:

Yes, the Big Social Revolucion is Now! Annnd the movement will grow, join up!

IT got about 17 seconds on CNN last night...