Home | About | Donate

'Just the Beginning': Massive Protests in UK as Thousands Put Bodies on Line to #StoptheCoup

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/28/just-beginning-massive-protests-uk-thousands-put-bodies-line-stopthecoup

5 Likes

The United Kingdom morphing into a dictatorship. They must have caught the fascist virus from overseas…

8 Likes

Must see: https://gazafightsforfreedom.com

5 Likes

There has been one common purveyor of that virus since wars began being fought on the cuff.

4 Likes

The peasants (brits) are revolting!!

3 Likes

True brit (tongue in cheek) humour:

1 Like

Yeah, they stink on ice! (Sorry, stole that one from Mel Brooks)

The time has come for the British people to make up their minds. Do they want to continue to be called “commoners” by a land owning ruling class, or do they want to build guillotines?
The British ruling class is hoping to hide this brexit debacle amongst the coming world wide recession. Then they can blame everybody else but themselves. Typical.

8 Likes

I hope this move by bojo will become the turning point for all Britains to dethrone the fascist elites.

6 Likes

It’s either revolt or sit on your hands and watch that slobbering nordic caveman lose the UK in a bet at the whist table. This is just a tiny preview of when the Scots & Irish go all Puerto Rico on us, starting this Halloween. El pueblo, unido, jamas sera vencido! (Though I’ll admit, it’s horrible to imagine how badly the English would mispronounce that.)

4 Likes

Seriously: Why is the bloodlust of guillotine references called for? When I ask this of posters here, I’m immediately accused of defending omnicidal fiends who should be put where they can do no harm.

Toni Morrison recently passed, which gave us a chance to review her classic Nobel Prize acceptance, in which her main point was: Violent language is violence. The path to a world without violence and domination is possible, if we’re able to model that aspiration, at least, in language.

7 Likes

Well done, well done indeed!

1 Like

We are ruled by clinical psychopaths and sociopaths for whom violence is an intrinsic part of their nature.
They can not be reformed anymore than any other mentally handicapped person can.
Do you honestly believe they would ever give up their wealth and privilege peacefully?
Or that they would stop trying to oppress and exploit everyone around them if we all just act more peacefully towards them?

Where have I apologized for any predators? Look again: I’m saying they all need to be put away.

But we also need to put away the nourishment of sadistic appetite which violent language feeds, in ourselves. It’s no way to fight the epidemic: speading the virus.

3 Likes

I looked into this a bit last night and was not comforted at all. There is this thing called The Charter or The Charter of The Commonwealth. It is an agreement between the Queen and the government that the government can continue to exist. So, if the Queen says it’s okay to shut down parliament it is only in her favor, not of the Commonwealth or her subjects. There are those that say she has no powers, she just proved them wrong. Boris has manipulated things in such a manner that he has moved the Queen into checkmate. She wins. It is a monarchy with what once were democratic institutions. This could get very ugly very fast.

5 Likes

Again, we are ruled by them. They have armies, intelligence agencies, doomsday weapons and generally control most of our world in one way or another. How would you propose to put them away them by peaceful means?

Again, I have not said anything about limiting ourselves to “peaceful means” either. You assume far too much, on mere splinters. It’s possible to advocate any means necessary without the unseemly, and unhealthy, braggadocio feeding stupid superhero superviolent fantasies. Can’t we grow up a little bit and find something more nourishing to drink? It would probably strengthen us for the fight.

4 Likes

It is my hope that you both read this page…

Calling for them to be “put away” ultimately only empowers them as it implies that there exists some legal means to do so within the system they have imposed on us, which is not the case.
Those mechanisms of control apply only to the masses.
It also sends the message that we are not willing to do what is required to hold them to account.
Therefore calling for guiliotines to be used, while barbaric, serves to remind us of what is actually required to remove the parasites once entrenched.

Nonsense, through and through. The “putting away” can obviously be the goal of a revolutionary movement. Talk of “guillotines” is mainly tiresome and trite, not motivating.

1 Like

You do realize that no one is actually suggesting we ressurect 1800 century execution devices and begin to employ them? Mentioning guilliotines is a way to reference one of the few times the ruling class has sucessfully been removed, and what was required to do so.

2 Likes