Home | About | Donate

Justice Democrats Accuses Buttigieg of Abandoning Medicare for All After Taking 'Tons of Cash' From Corporate Interests

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/13/justice-democrats-accuses-buttigieg-abandoning-medicare-all-after-taking-tons-cash

While a lot of folk in tech seem to love Yang, many are now embracing Buttigieg as their best option for maintaining business as usual.

4 Likes

With the growing collapse of the establishment’s first-choice shill, joe biden, the DINO PTB neo-liberal sellouts are desperate to subvert the people’s choice to serve their own narrow interests - greed, capitalist usury, exploitation, ignoring environmental threats for profits above all else, and wage/debt slavery for the masses, especially via the health-care insurance con/scam.

Buttigieg perfectly fits that need they think, but his corruption, bending-over for campaign-contribution bribes, and special interest handler influence will cause buttigieg to follow biden to irrelevance, public/voter contempt, rejection, and defeat, as his priorities and influences become more apparent. The deceptions and lies re Universal Not-For-Profit Single-Payer Health Insurance, coupled with the reduction in obscene costs for health care will spell defeat for buttigieg and all the other for-profit shills!

The Real Deal for the nation’s needs and honor, great majority of people, justice, and a sustainable future is Bernie Sanders, whose popularity, integrity, honesty, and life-long concern and work for the “little people” and Common Good become more and more essential, and apparent to voters!

3 Likes

I don’t think being flexible on certain policy positions is necessarily a bad thing.
On the other hand, being a money-grubbing opportunist indicates you’re a willing sell out.

I’m going with B on Mayo Pete Bog.

When he fades due to being every flavor of corporate vanilla, Bloomberg, Deval, Phil N. Deblanc, and Hillary will be there to grab the moderate mantle from the shape-shifting Mayo Pete. And they won’t be there to fool anyone – the d-party establishment is running scared as well they should be, and they’d rather go down in flames with a Hillary v2.0 than win with any progressive (named Bernie).

5 Likes

This guy’s just a straight up creep.

It’ll be curious to see where he ends up. He’s probably shooting to be the next Evan Bayh.

1 Like

He’s the queer Bill Clinton. And the sincerity of his words should be treated as such.
When Pete crashes and burns because blacks won’t vote for him in the early southern primaries, he’ll be forced to settle for a shot at second banana.

3 Likes

Buttigieg is apparently just another identity politician trying to move the Democrats to the right, away from actual New Deal policy. His history at McKinsey & Company is becoming apparent and unraveling their plans.

3 Likes

And polls showed Hillary winning. Perhaps we should require our polls be of all American voters, not just DNC members. When polls EXCLUDE both those under the age of 30 and the largest block of voters: independents, the poll is called a ‘push poll’.

A push poll is an interactive marketing technique, most commonly employed during political campaigning, in which an individual or organization attempts to manipulate or alter prospective voters’ views/beliefs under the guise of conducting an opinion poll.

2 Likes

Johnson sez:
“Buttigieg—who is now running on a public option plan called ‘Medicare for All Who Want It’ …”

That’s the abbreviated name for Mayor Peat’s “plan.” The full title is “Medicare for All Who Want Its Corporate Profit-Taking Preserved.”

3 Likes

He would not beat Trump. It is absurd that anyone thinks giving him power makes any logical sense. Trump might have as much support from black voters as he does. He will not win, but what is clear is that many Democrats are utterly lost. Maybe if their party had ideological or policy coherence, maybe if many in charge of the party weren’t corrupt and didn’t actively mislead them, things would be different.

Personally, I dont totally dismiss these polls, but I also don’t place tons of value in them either. In some instances, they may be somewhat accurate, but for a number of reasons, I think they will be off, sometimes wildly off. And many conducting the polls and analyzing them have strong biases that they don’t hide. If those conducting the polls are not objective, then their polls are then more in question. Part of the value of these polls involves a bit of faith and trust in those conducting the polls. CNN has gone so far as to lie about their own poll results, which were problematic as is. Again, I don’t dismiss them outright, but I also realize that there is a lot of manufacturing consent too.

2 Likes

Buttigieg should have no future in the governance of the United States unless he has a drastic change of heart.

2 Likes

Living in South Bend, you expected this from Pete. He is a strategist he coldly calculated his run for President the first time he won his election for Mayor. He used his hometown to deceive people all along and is leaving it with huge problems. He is a self centered egotistical Ivy League Elitist like Trump and is copying his playbook. Pete will switch and go and promise anything say anything to get the nomination. He threw his own police department under the bus, claimed to have revitalized South Bend while throwing all previous Democratic administrations since 1972 under the bus , now when he realizes he can’t carry the progressive banner as a genuine progressive he takes to throwing his fellow Dem under the bus while pandering to the wealthy and corporations for money so Pete can ride around the country in his NEW bus. He also leads all Dem candidates in money spent on private jet flights. Pete loves his toys and his new role as Uncle Cornpone in Iowa is not fooling anyone in South Bend. Pete got elected in his last election for Mayor with just 8600 VOTES !!! out of a total of 70,000 registered voters in South Bend. Nobody in South Bend cared to vote yet the Iowa fanatics are going crazy over him when Pete knows he will throw them under the bus after he leaves Iowa for New Hampshire to throw more of the BS from SB at them. Enjoy Uncle Cornpone while you can Iowa cause you are never going to see him again after the caucuses are over. Silly fools.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, you can’t abandon something you never embraced. Buttigieg was never onboard with IEM4A, in fact his plan, incremental (for those who want it), would sabotage the entire plan. Without everyone in, there’s no leverage to negotiate lower prices.

4 Likes

…and ByeDone’s mini-mee, Petey, is still at 9% in the Monmouth NATIONAL poll. Iowans don’t represent the National demographic. The 3rd Way crowd is going to need a bigger shovel to sell Petey the the Nation

1 Like

Petey has a long way to go in many areas.
On the issue of ‘experience’, South Bend has a population of 100,000. Even a congressional district requires about 700,000 people. Failing as mayor of a ‘village’ is NOT the kind of experience we need running the country. The only thing Petey would be good at is taking the corporate bribes and doing what they tell him to do. Not a chance

1 Like

Buttigieg is about as corporate a candidate as there is out there.

1 Like

What a schmuck.

Cluck.

I’d take it a step further. Corporate State Democrats would prefer Trump over Sanders and my guess is if in some fantasy scenario where Sanders is the nominee, many CSDs would vote for Trump over Sanders.

I could see him making David Brooks his Press Secretary, or Thomas Friedman in his zeal to be perceived as a clucking “centrist”. And if I might accidentally tune into that nightmare on the TV, I’d smash the screen and burn the rubble.

I hope you are right. He is as good as Obama when it comes to appearing to be every person’s, person while at the same time being the best neoliberal one can being.

1 Like