Home | About | Donate

'Justice Was Not Served': No Charges Against Kenosha Cop Who Shot and Paralyzed Jacob Blake

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/01/05/justice-was-not-served-no-charges-against-kenosha-cop-who-shot-and-paralyzed-jacob

2 Likes

Only cowards shoot someone in the back!
and the Blue Mafia gang member admitted he was afraid.
I’ll repeat what I said after the gangland murder of Keith Lamont Scott, the guy who was waiting at his child’s bus stop with a book, murdered by a nervous bigot cop…
" If your afraid of an unarmed Black man reading a Book, Don’t be a Cop’"

9 Likes

Maybe would be white cops should be required to give a declaration that they are not afraid of black bodies and then in an event such as this the “being afraid” defense would be foreclosed?

Peace.
ths.

1 Like

Cops fear for their life when confronting black children and men but bvlack children and men fear for their lives if they just see a cop within a hundred yards.

4 Likes

This is one more measure of how much work we still have to do in moving this country toward justice. Tears for this result, but we need to keep fighting. This is obscene.

4 Likes

The People don’t only need our own party, we apparently need our own justice system too.

6 Likes

This is why cops are the excrement of our society. Hug a fireman, and run like hell from the PIGS!

3 Likes

I saw the video. HIs car was parked with his kids in it. He was taking to some adults and then he moved quickly to his car door.Several cops followed and from behind one cop grabbed him and stuck his gun in the man’s back—and fired several times.
Kenosha. appears to be a very sad place. We already saw that Rottenhouse kid kill people. And those cops let him go too. He’s out on bail now.

Hmmm, so if anyone goes to Kenosha, and especially if they are black, it looks like justice here is just for the police. But white people, when they run out of black people they will start on the white ones—the poor white ones first. : (
Maybe it’s time for the police to work without a gun for their first 5 years on the force.
If that were the case, the police would have to learn those important human skills like listening, not prejudging, and have nothing provided to protect themselves except —great communication skills , in both speaking and listening! Too many police seem to hide behind lies, physical attacks, and guns-----and THAT is no way to .“form a more perfect union.”

5 Likes

The duopolist political parties, the legislative branch of government, the executive branch, the judicial branch, the criminal justice system, banks, the Federal Reserve, the economy, the news media industry, the entertainment industry, the religion industry, etc etc etc… all controlled by billionaire special interests… all instrumentalized and weaponized to prey on Earth and Her Commonwealth, on Human Cultures, on Life Itself… all wielded to dispossess the People and empower the rentier parasite class.

5 Likes

Yeah, that about covers it.

3 Likes

Your description of the Keith Lamont Scott shooting is deficient. You don’t mention he was
in a car, had a gun, and did not respond to police commands. You make it sound like he was sitting on a bus stop bench reading a book. Some shootings are like the Tamir Rice shooting, but this one doesn’t seem like that to me (I’m not saying that the shooting was justified, just that you could have described it better).

The best way to oppose the police is politically - I am for defunding (though messaging this most effectively is tricky). The worst way to oppose them is to not follow exactly what they say when they are threatened - they can’t be trusted in these cases. Unfortunately for Tamir there was nothing he could have done whereas with Scott and Blake’s case they had an opportunity to avoid the situation but didn’t.

1 Like

If the justice cannot come from the courts, it must come from the public. Too many pigs get away with blatant murder killing Blacks for the crime of “failure to mind” a bigoted mindset spelled out in a poem from the Blue Collar Review –

Failure to Mind

Nigger ain’t gonna run no more
ain’t gonna have no more
babies like the two little boys
who saw me shoot him
(they’ll learn too)
nigger ain’t gonna be no big
sex man no more
dick bigger than my gun
nigger gonna mind now that’s
what we shoot 'em for. The crime
of failure to mind
I don’t remember where they came from only
there’s too many of him now and
besides my bullets were dusty
and my weapon was in danger
of getting rusty and I was just
so filled up with nuthing, sumpthing,
emptied my chamber with no mind.
They gotta mind us, you know.
That’s what we kill 'em for. And their Black Lives –
we kill 'em for life.

– Pearl McGaha

3 Likes

An excellent summary of Life under Capitalism.

Peace.
ths.

Way past time to burn the Kenosha pig station to the effing ground, and do that to the pig pen of any department that continues to murder unarmed people of color until they stop doing that. Should have been done in Louisville months ago.

1 Like

America has and always has supported cops, right or wrong. Yesterday an unarmed “mentally ill” twenty eight year old in the extreme Neo-liberal community of Newton, Ma. was shot and killed after running up to his room above a shop where he had brandished a knife. For that act he was killed. Cop culture is the problem. I am sure over ninety per cent of cops across the U.S. voted for Trump (their hero). It’s more than a race issue, it is authoritarianism unchecked and out of control.

2 Likes

‘as we’ve seen so many times before, the police in this case were held to a different standard of responsibility’ -from article

this is the gyst of the problem of authoritarian abuse of power, not only in america but throughout the world.

“There is no justice. The system is rotten to the core.”

1 Like

police lie so much under oath, they’ve coined a special term for it: ‘testilying’. google it.

2 Likes

This so-called DA said he called Jacob right before the conference to let Jacob know of the decision (not to charge this filthy cop), but alas did not inform us of what Jacob’s response was. But I can imagine the response.

Hi thevirginterry;
LOL---- the term originated with the NYPD—as they lied so often. Sad, but that sounds true to me.