Home | About | Donate

Kabul Bomb Blast Kills at Least 90 People. We Need to Know Their Names

Kabul Bomb Blast Kills at Least 90 People. We Need to Know Their Names.

Amy Goodman, Denis Moynihan

A suicide bomb blast in Kabul, Afghanistan killed at least 90 people and injured over 450. Hidden in a tanker truck, the bomb is likely one of the largest ever set off in Kabul. It left a crater 13 feet deep, and broke windows over a mile away. Among those killed were two media workers, Aziz Navin of the 24-hour Afghan cable news channel TOLOnews, and Mohammed Nazir, a driver for the BBC. The death toll continues to climb as additional bodies are found, and some who were injured succumb to their wounds. Details of those killed are sparse.

We also need to know the names of more than 200 Iraqis who were obliterated and/or buried alive in coalition bombings of Mosul just two days ago, accoriding to Iraqi Body Count. And the names of all the millions who have been killed, maimed and displaced since the beginning of the U.S. "Global War on Terror" and the murderous Clinton sanctions that preceded it.

There is one name we can name: This is US.

Bullshit nonsense, ugly smear.

Please cite ANYTHING that shows Goodman "supporting" these wars.

Why do you turds keep up this smear campaign?

Enough said! But then again, the power-elite have relatively perfected the arts of persuasion and deception. Also, they have taken undue advantage of citizenry's fear and patriotism.

Just watch her show, as I've been doing for upwards of 10 years. There are countless instances of her peddling the imperial line of "humanitarian intervention" with no evidence to support the supposedly horrible things that people need to be rescued from. Libya was a particularly grotesque case, and with Syria she just keeps at it--though I will grant her that she does allow dissenters from the government line, like Stephen Cohen, to appear periodically, just never without someone also to rebut the dissenter.

She's clearly a lot better than the MSM, but still a kind of MSM 'lite' in her own right.

Bullshit. i do listen to her show.

You offer ZERO citation of ANY "support" for war. You are lying, distorting, and smearing.

Please offer any CITATION of any ACTUAL STATEMENT of Goodman's to support your smear.

You will not, because there is none.

You twist my words. I never said she expressed open support for the wars. What she did with Libya was repeat the lies about Gaddafi "bombing his own people," which were never corroborated, and she is still doing the same for the jihadist provocations in Syria, merely parroting the MSM's evidence-free accusations and thereby lending to support for the dubious claims used to "justify" intervention.

As for bullshit, I guess you know a lot about that, since it's practically your political philosophy.

Doing a web search for "Amy Goodman Libya", the top hit is the DN! page compiling Libya coverage. Here are the first ten reports from that page, appearing in reverse chronological order:

• May 24, 2017: Tariq Ali: Manchester Bombing is Part of Vicious Cycle, Likely Blowback from Ongoing War on Terror
  • Apr 14, 2017: Libya: Nearly 100 Migrants Feared Dead After Boat Capsizes
  • Mar 15, 2017: Reuters: Russia May Have Deployed Troops to Egypt Near Libyan Border
  • Dec 23, 2016: Hijacked Libyan Airliner Bound for Tripoli Lands in Malta
  • Oct 13, 2016: Surviving Torture in a CIA Secret Prison: Khaled al-Sharif of Libya Recounts Horrors
  • Aug 26, 2016: Regime Change in Libya Mirrors Iraq: Both Efforts Led to Failed States & Destabilized Region
  • Aug 26, 2016: Vijay Prashad: Hillary Clinton Shows Dangerous Tendency to Go to War No Matter the Consequences
  • Aug 12, 2016: "Fractured Lands: How the Arab World Came Apart": NYT Mag Examines Region Since 2003 U.S. Invasion
  • Aug 09, 2016: Families of 2 U.S. Personnel Killed in Benghazi Sue Clinton
  • Aug 03, 2016: Libya: Car Bomb Kills 22 in Benghazi, U.S. Air Campaign Continues

After the DN! page, here are the next nine hits from the search for Amy Goodman Libya:

• Oct 23, 2015: Ignoring US Destabilization of Libya, GOP ... - Democracy Now!
  • Aug 2, 2016: The Never-Ending War: US Announces New ... - Democracy Now!
  • Mar3, 2016: The Libya Gamble: Inside Hillary Clinton's Push ... - Democracy Now!
  • Jan 30, 2017 (Global Research): Global Warfare: “We're going to take out 7 countries in 5 years: Iraq ...
  • Oct 6, 2015 (Intrepid Report): Where has Democracy Now! and Amy Goodman gone? | Intrepid ...
  • Aug 16, 2016 (Pulitzer Center): Scott Anderson Appears on Democracy Now! | Pulitzer Center
  • Oct 5, 2011 (Black Agenda Report): Are Democracy Now!'s Libyan Correspondents Feeding Us the State ...
  • Oct 17, 2016 (CPJ): North Dakota court to review rioting charge against Amy Goodman ...
  • No Date (Wrong Kind Of Green): Democracy Now | Wrong Kind of Green

The critiques among the sites listed above, are a pastiche of right-wing sites outraged that Goodman is part of a vast left-wing conspiracy funded by Soros (with no concrete citations i've found of any actual report of Soros funding), and sites outraged that Goodman allows guests on who promote unsubstantiated propaganda of various stripes. Perhaps the most grounded critique is Bruce Dixon's critique on BAR of DN! reporting about Libya in 2011, which carefully frames the critique as questions not conclusions, and notes that other guests on the show refute the unsubstantiated propaganda.

If you could post specific citations to support your critique, i could see if you have citations of her words, and what exactly she actually says, or if you are citing words of guests on her program.

i definitely do not experience her "lending to support... to "justify" intervention".

i do experience commenters (claiming to be left-wing) in on-line forums, parroting smears of Goodman. In several back-and-forths i have had with such commenters, none have ever provided me with anything CONCRETE, a quote from Goodman, a link to a broadcast, ANYTHING, that i could assess.

Perhaps you will be the first.