Home | About | Donate

Kaepernick vs. Trump: Making America Great Again

Kaepernick vs. Trump: Making America Great Again

(Maybe i missed it: Is this the first Further post that was not posted by Abby? Anyway...)

Excellent work Christian Christensen.

Not a big US football fan and not a Colin Kaepernick fan, but props to him as a celebrity for taking a stand, i mean for taking a seat.

i remember being made to go stand behind the filing cabinet in homeroom in the 7th grade when i refused to stand for the pledge of allegiance.

Would love to see Obomber comment on this. Of course he never will, and the press will not ask it of him. Obomber wouldn't touch this with a 10-ft pole, unless, the vast majority of Americans support Colin, then he'll say something..

I admire Colin Kaepernick's protest in a way that I was unable to understand Mohammed Ali's in the sixties. We Americans want our athletic heroes to wave the flag, be sort of uber patriots for all that's right in America. But when they see or experience injustice; they are expected to simply go along. Colin Kaepernick's may well have ended his career by this move; I'm sure his employer will not approve of this publicity. Ali had something very important to say about Vietnam, and Colin Kaepernick's has something important to say about us.

(Maybe i missed it: Is this the first Further post that was not posted by Abby? Anyway...)

I noticed that too, I missed her snarky lead-in right away.

Colin said his protest was not about him but for all the poor people of color that have no voice and to me, that is commendable.

Kudos to Christian Christensen for shining such a bright light on things.