Home | About | Donate

Kale, Strawberries, and Spinach Top List as Report Shows Nearly 70% of US Produce Contain Dangerous Pesticide Residue

Kale, Strawberries, and Spinach Top List as Report Shows Nearly 70% of US Produce Contain Dangerous Pesticide Residue

Julia Conley, staff writer

The majority of conventionally-grown fruits and vegetables contain pesticide residues that are not eliminated even after washing and peeling the food, scientists revealed Wednesday.

Russia is now one of the worlds largest food EXPORTERS. They have decided not to use GMO’s or a huge swathe of these pesticides used in the West.

If Russia can grow a surplus of food to the point they can export the world over why do supporters of the Western system insist this the only way to increase food production to feed a hungry world?

6 Likes

I don’t want to de-emphasize, only to set aside for a moment the enormous social-justice implications of ubiquitous pesticides, to address the question of how to defend ourselves.

We should never accept the fact that we swim in a sea of toxins. Anyone who gets a bio-assay, anywhere, winds up horrified. But given the fact that we do, even if we’re very careful about organic sources, re-rinsing &c., what further precautions are merited?

There is substantial, robust, replicated nutrition science (such as The China Study) to back up the case that cutting back on meat greatly decreases your vulnerability to toxins.

3 Likes

A real farm-girl, for your listening pleasure:

Herbicides (done made me gay)

3 Likes

Damn! Well what are we supposed to eat? Straw? Tell me what we can eat then… probably nothing is my guess.

Greed my friend, greed.

There is a place we can get a box of seasonal organic veggies delivered once a month all year long. I’ve been considering it to supplement what little we grow in summer. Now is a good time to go for it.

CD staff didn’t mention any American chemical corporations producing
the poison they’re making us consume; but could they be the same
military-industrial complex corps. that so profited from Vietnam and
our endless wars? For the military, an enemy is an enemy. Just wondering.