Home | About | Donate

Kamala Harris Deprioritizes Medicare for All and the Climate Crisis in Service of Donors

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/19/kamala-harris-deprioritizes-medicare-all-and-climate-crisis-service-donors

1 Like

Scratch another Democrat off.

20 Likes

In the movie biz it might be said that Kamala Harris has chosen the profile of a “standee”. That is to say to ‘function’ as whoopdie-do colorful cardboard cut out that has the perfect nasal honk.

Smack my hands for being such scurrilous, snied *****.

3 Likes

she’s probably already tallying up the million dollar speeches she’s gonna give after bailing out wall st again.

she’'s perfect for the job.

13 Likes

I did a long time ago! But it still looks to me like a Biden/Harris ticket in 2020.

4 Likes

Once again, as I said months ago: Kamala, go away!

No wonder so many Republicans, er, I mean Centrist Democrats support her. Who is left that doesn’t see this creature as the self-serving sellout she is? Oh, by the way, “super rich” people driving Maseratis are not “Democrats” - they are the image that comes up when you search the word “Republican”.

15 Likes

Wow. So here we are, from Obama not fighting for a ‘public option’ in the ACA to Harris wanting a ‘private option’ in M4ALL. What a twisted, bizarro world we inhabit today.

12 Likes

Indeed, but get ready to be called a “purist” by the DNC apologists. So, Kamala and Nancy have one more thing in common as Pelosi said - “We’re capitalists, that’s just the way it is.” Both of them should also be considered for the Hillary Clinton Corporate Suck-Up Award for when she gave those three laudatory speeches at Goldman Sachs and walked away with $675,000.
The corruption of the DNC just becomes more and more obvious. They aren’t even trying to hide it anymore.

16 Likes

Then, as Biden himself said - “Nothing would fundamentally change.” Great, JUST what a nation crumbling from within needs to hear! Thanks, Uncle Joe.

13 Likes

Check out this full discussion on Medicare For All and the poll at the bottom showing over 50% of Dem voters will not consider candidates who don’t support MFA: https://www.dailykos.com/st…

This site is a Democrat site that traditionally leans neoliberal (e.g Harris, Biden, Warren).

7 Likes

In some parts of the movie industry she’d be referred to as a " fluffer " for the real A list lineup. I suppose that’s most of Silicone Valley, er… Silicon Alley, er… some deep, long ditch in California, anyway.

4 Likes

Ever wonder how Obama would look (and act) in drag … ?

4 Likes

Most of us here saw right through this candidate when she announced her run even as some of the articles posted on Common Dreams were describing her as the face of a more progressive future.

She is a fraud.

14 Likes

Probably not a complete corporatist, it’s just that Stacy has gotten into Kamela’s lane, so to speak.
Just guessin’.

“Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.”

I could give a rat’s ass what anyone thinks about who I choose to support in the political arena.

After mindlessly supporting Duopoly politicians for 30 years, and coming to the realization that I too had blood on my hands because those same scoundrels voted to support wars, and aggression all over the globe, well, I will never
again support any politician that supports these manufactured wars that benefit the corporations, not the working men and women of our nation.

Peace and Love.

10 Likes

“I’m a capitalist” = closet republican.

13 Likes

Just another Corporate whore. Next.

3 Likes

Maybe she’s just showing solidarity with Elizabeth Warren.

2 Likes

Scratch another right wing Democrat off. Biden-no. Harris-no. Wonder if Buttigieg or Booker will be the next DNC/Wall St. horse to back? My bet is Buttigieg as he has been contacting the super delegates for support. Howard Schultz will be making a comeback pretty soon the way things are going for the Clinton-Obama-Pelosi cabal.

2 Likes

Sams later told The Daily Beast that Harris “was hearing from lots of voters real concerns, specifically about proactively abolishing private insurance, the four year transition, middle class tax hikes, and so she came up with her own plan to adjust for those that, frankly, is better than his.”

What he means by hearing from lots of voters is donors.

5 Likes