Home | About | Donate

Katie Porter Demands Resignation of Trump Small Business Chief for Enabling 'Abuse' of Covid-19 Relief Funds

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/03/katie-porter-demands-resignation-trump-small-business-chief-enabling-abuse-covid-19

2 Likes

Here we go again, some Congress Critter demands… Blah, blah, blah. How about you get your damn act together and start impeaching all these fuckers. Otherwise just shut up with all your Kabuki theater BS. In the meantime I demand a real democracy led by honest politicians with real integrity who actually care about the country and citizens instead of pandering to their party and the idiots who make up their base. So much for my demand.

5 Likes

And Nancy Pelosi will do genuflect theater and then vote with the R’s to send another trillion to the rich. Watch and see.

Peace
Po

4 Likes

Zackly , beat me to it !

~https://i.imgur.com/r21Mv9K.jpg

and yet, at the Dinocrat sites the cheerleaders will be out in force

1 Like

Katie Porter is our new Liz Warren.

1 Like

For Mnuchin to have even entertained the thought to tell the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship that information about PPP loan recipients is “proprietary” and “confidential” is cause enough for him to be taken down. We do not have a “Senate”, we have cabal of over-lords as corrupt as the day is long.

Most telling is that nanny implosie and chickie scummer are apparently fine with that.

NO! OUT WITH MNUCHIN NOW!

4 Likes

That my Progressive, friend…WOULD TAKE ANOTHER REVOLUTION!

2 Likes

Better than telling people to call the White House opinion hotline as per Ralph Nader?

They should all go due to insane handling of covid ----but even more so due to enabling/encouraging the use of fossil fuels and endless growth that is killing everything on earth.

In keeping with clearly apparent problems: the heat.

I’m surprised there is little talk of the heat over a huge chunk of the u.s. right now. (and of course Siberia/Arctic). It is clear we are in uncharted (or is it unchartered? or both? lol) territory.

Seriously---- I was out this morning for about 20 minutes and almost collapsed —and I am in good shape and on the young side of old. Am in the upper midwest where we used to used to need some sort of heat source during chilly summer evenings. At the risk of sounding like an annoying never ending, looping GIF (if GIFs had sound!)------I’ve never felt this before . . this kind of heat.

Combined with the humidity it is terrifying. Stuck for days from messed up jet stream as arctic continues human induced meltdown.

h-ttps://phys.org/news/2020-07-heatwave-trends-worldwide.html

2 Likes

Would you rather silence? Demeaning people (in this case elected reps) who are exposing and (hopefully) forcing media to cover a story or issue, is not, IMO, a positive thing to do. Do you consider Porter “dishonest” or just a tool of the oligarchy? I see my own reps remaining mostly silent or complicit on numerous issues and its infuriating - but such is the state of our corrupt and dysfunctional charade of government - not for the Common Good or honesty but deception and corruption!
I just think we do ourselves no favor tearing-down some people that just might be trying as hard as they can within our totally fucked system to do good - sometimes a tidal wave can begin with a ripple - just sayin…

4 Likes

Hi Emphyrio,

Your comment made me want to go back and edit my post above when I said “they should all go” as that is not really what I meant -----as your post pointed out.

I’m glad she is speaking out as opposed to remaining silent like way too many (who should go). But I wasn’t kidding when I said it’s better than calling the White House opinion hotline!

1 Like

No like I said, I would rather they actually use whatever legal means they have to go after these people instead of “demanding this and demanding that” which is nothing but theater at this point. And as for your “ripple” the Democrats have been going further and further right at the behest of their corporate owners for decades now. I disagree these people are trying as hard as they can. They continue letting these corrupt corporate monsters get away with stealing everything in sight while they in effect wag their fingers at them. Yeah, I am infuriated at them as well and I am calling them out for their part in enabling the corruption. These damn Democrats keep voting to keep Nancy Plutocracy as Speaker of the House knowing she always bends her ass over backwards to serve her corporate oligarch masters at the expense of the citizens while raking in her corporate bribes. And these same Democrats keep on voting for these bailouts without forcing any oversight attached to the bill which could have prevented this in the first place. They don’t care. I am glad for you that you have more empathy for some of them than I do. I am at the point where I realize with things like climate catastrophe bearing down on us exponentially and/or an economic collapse unfolding right now, we simply don’t have time for a “ripple to turn into a tidal wave”, so I don’t have much empathy for their “fiddling while Rome burns to the ground.” Having said all that, once again I am glad for you that your outlook is brighter than mine.

1 Like

Thank you Caroline, for all you do.
I read too much knee-jerk bashing that may not be deserved by the targets. It’s easy to criticize while not walking in another’s shoes. Certainly we need every positive voice and action that challenges the corruption, greed, racism, vulture capitalism and corporatism we can get - dividing ourselves is not helpful.
I could not tolerate swimming in the cesspool of Congress or government, so I have some respect for any that do with integrity; even if they cannot wave a wand an change everything in a day they have an effect. As Bernie said repeatedly: “It’s not me, it’s US”
Peace to you and yours and be safe.

I get your anger and frustration and share it. The words “they”, “them”, “these people”, “the Democrats”, you use imply a monolithic entity and what we have is made up of individuals, many entrenched sold-out scum, but some trying to do something within a totally corrupt system, but not all…Saying people “demanding this or that” are worthless, is like saying all groups “demanding” are the same as progressive/radical groups “denouncing” actions of this odious regime and R’Cons are also worthless - we all do what we can.
Pelosi is all you write and more - so too are/were the Clintons, Obama, and many others, and I have been saying that for a very long time - you should know my positions by this time. McConnell controls the reins and “whatever legal means” they have is not very goddamn much.
I believe its better to focus on issues, and who are betraying us, than throw rocks at some that may be trying best they can - we can never effect t the changes needed without allies or labeling all as “they”…
Peace - “we” have bigger fish to fry!

1 Like

I understand that we agree on many points. But we will disagree on the Democrats as a whole. I will lump them all in together, because from my standpoint and observation the Democrats will never be reformed, even if a few people are trying their best to do so. They remind me of Don Quixote and his foolish quest. In effect both the Democrats and Republicans are monolithic entities, and the Democrats in particular will tolerate a few progressive voices to keep the voters in line with the two party system that is owned and controlled by the corporate oligarchs. We live in a plutocracy and the two parties that are beholden to the plutocrats are not ever going to enact any real change. Once again I will say I am glad for you that you see things a bit more positively than I do when it comes to a few Democrats trying their best. I applaud your respect for them.
P.S. This is in reply to Emphyrio, which I suppose is obvious, but somehow I hit the wrong reply button.

2 Likes

You are a saint Emphyrio. I totally agree that we can’t treat decent, hard working for the people, dems out with the bad boys and girls that serve not the people but self serving interests.

Katie, bar the door, Porter. We need to clone a few of these talented new bloods in congress.

1 Like

Thank you; much appreciated…but “a saint”? - not bloody hardly!

Peace and all the best to you and yours!

All these Trump bastard ought to hang for their egregious crimes.

1 Like

“Give Em Hell Katie. They Deserve It.”

4 Likes

Katie Porter is a superb politician with high intelligence and real integrity and she regularly does her best to hold corrupt politicians accountable. Before you slime her, do yourself a favor and review a few of her very sharp cross-examinations in Congress. You’re either a poor judge of character or ignorant or both. And btw, last time I checked, Jesus Christ was not a member of Congress.

5 Likes

They tried to impeach Trump, got the votes in Congress, could not get the votes in the Senate. You did notice that, right? If you want to impeach Trump or his Republicans, and you should, and here’s the hard pill for a lot of folks on this site, you need to elect more Dems to the Senate. That’s the only way. Everything else is dreaming.

1 Like