Home | About | Donate

Kavanaugh Hearing Prosecutor Rachel Mitchell’s Critique of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford Is Incomplete and Deeply Flawed

Kavanaugh Hearing Prosecutor Rachel Mitchell’s Critique of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford Is Incomplete and Deeply Flawed

Daniel S. Goldman, Mimi Rocah
Rachel Mitchell, the Arizona state prosecutor hired by the Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee to conduct questioning during the Judge Brett Kavanaugh hearing on Sept. 27, has released a memo analyzing the sexual assault allegations by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford.
1 Like

It says something when even experienced lawyers need to state the obvious.

3 Likes

I refuse to believe that these were Rachel Mitchells findings.

I believe that the Republican Senators on the Senate Judiciary Comittee that hired Ms. Mitchell, concocted and published what they intended to create as a result of interviews of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford and Brett Kavanaugh, last Thursday.

This is all being done in an effort to destroy the credibility of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford and elevate Brett Kavanaughs credibility.

6 Likes

How do you spell “kabuki”? – C-o-n-g-r-e-s-s or more specifically in this case, R-e-p-u-b-l-i-c-a-n- -c-o-n-t-r-o-l-l-e-d- -S-e-n-a-t-e- -J-u-c-i-d-i-c-i-a-r-y- -C-o-m-m-i-t-t-e-e.

4 Likes

A few quick points. Kavanaugh is an alcoholic, maybe a dry alcoholic now but one none-the-less. I couldn’t determine if he was lying because the alcoholic signs obscured the other clues one gives whilst lying. I watched his testimony because I had a toe operation that day and was in no mood to read. I missed Dr Ford’s testimony. My best guess was he was up the usual youthful drunk privileged male antics and thought he could do as he pleases. I was sad to see Dr Ford’s life destroyed anymore than it’s already been but this is important. We don’t need another drunk zealot fascist sitting on the high bench. I am 99% sure he will be confirmed anyway because the whole show the other day was just that, a damn show.

3 Likes

Ivanka Trump reportedly told her father to “cut bait” and withdraw the Kavanaugh nomination. She is right. He may well be confirmed if the FBI ignores the numerous instances of perjury and focuses only on long-ago alleged sexual assaults, which can be called unproven. The report would give the Republicans cover to vote for him. However, Republicans will lose seats at the midterms as a result of the misogyny and insensitivity they employed against Anita Hill and are now using, and this would make Trump a lame duck. It would also subject Kavanaugh to impeachment on grounds of perjury even if he is on the Supreme Court; if the evidence were clear enough, some Republican senators would also vote to remove him rather than falling on their swords to protect him. Trump and Kavanaugh may win the battle, but it will surely cost them the war.

6 Likes

“Some Republican Senators voting to remove him” would be far more likely than a Democratic Party controlled Senate initiating the process to remove Kavanaugh for fear of upsetting some of their donors.

3 Likes

HI PonyBoy, I totally agree. In fact , of Ms Mitchell thinks that “no reasonable prosecutor would bring his case…etc. etc…” Then I guess we should conclude that Ms Mitchell in NOT very reasonable. : )

1 Like

R-e-p-u-b-l-i-c-a-n C-O-N J-O-B!

2 Likes

FBI-Fake Background Investigation.

1 Like

HUH? Not another unemployed English teacher! How do you spell irrelevant?

Hardly.

Hmmm. m-a-r-y-i-n-g-a?

Welcome, new troll. Please sit and listen (i.e. read) and see if you learn something!

OK, you’re not all that new, but really, what was that about? Have you no sense of humor? Or sense of sarcasm?

He still likes beer. He’s not dry. He’s actively alcoholic. He thinks it’s under control because he’s not pounding it like he used to, and no one sees him have more than a couple at a time (except maybe at a reunion at Tobin’s), but it’s there, it’s steady, it’s every day. Just look at him!

We are so boofed. I need a drink. I need a drinking game. I need a devil’s triangle.

2 Likes

I agree. BK’s memory is grain-y…And neither grain alcohol nor beer would have been legal for him in Maryland until he was 21. He was at most 17 at the time of the summer parties, July 1 included. Here’s one way I’m consoling myself over this whole distracting fiasco: Roy Zimmerman’s latest: W.I.M.P. White Indignant Male Person. “Choir Boy. Boy Scout. Virgin. … Beer gives me a meaner demeanor. But I don’t need beer to foam at the mouth. … No one fights for the rights of the privileged…” No one but Lindsey G. Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM6eZLB-po8

3 Likes

Pressure Flake, Murkowski, Collins, Manchin, Tester, Donnelly, and Heitkamp, whether they’re “your” senators or not. As for McConnell, …Hell , I don’t know what to say… tell that maggot-infested POS whatever comes to your mind. Send MoveOn and ACLU some pennies…or dollars if you got ‘em.

I agree with your first sentence, Hip. Moreover, IMO, his drastic change in demeanor was not abusive bluster to take senators aback and was not staged to defend his honor. I’m willing to bet he was under the influence on that Thursday, Sept 27. Either way, he was so out-of-control that everyone, including the JC, knows he doesn’t belong on the Court. But under Dump and McConnell, any Machiavellian tactic is A-Ok, in fact, desirable to get their whore onto the Court.

1 Like

Wasn’t she a tool for Arpaio, especially with super low judgments against perps? Not sure where I read that or if I’m remembering correctly…

That’s great! Thx. Almost as good as the John Oliver program and SNL. I sent it on!

I’m not sure if she was in league with Arpio.

Her demeanor wasn’t anything like the RepugnantCONS.

His wife must be just like him! His kids? Wonder what they are saying to them!