Home | About | Donate

"Keep It, It's Yours." Postal Workers' Message to Public Denounces Trump Privatization Plan

The Postal Service being public was one of the things that made America great.
I thought rump was all about making america great again.
What a liar!

2 Likes

yuppers… the poster child for mendacious, incompetent, sociopathic, predatory capitalism. The US Postal service has been one of the sterling examples of public institutional service. Thats why they want it.

1 Like

Here is what could go down, as far as Congress taking apart the Post Office. The Constitution mandates the Congress to establish roads and a post office…BUT, it does not say WHO the post office should be. The Constitution alone could be used as a weapon to replace the existing, badly run Post Office with one run by someone else. The government owns all real estate and transportation, even the employees. Who is to say the whole place could not be put up for bid as a turn key endeavor, hopefully minus the existing management structure which is entirely at fault for the failures of the USPS.

0 Likes

keeping small post offices open that should have been closed.

Aside from that pension plan, waxing fat under the absurd mandate to be fully funded 75 years out, think of all that real estate in prime downtown locations waiting to be sold off for pennies on the dollar. Keeping those locations open, rather than closing them, seems like smart long-term planning.

USPS’s new slogan: “It’s your piñata, oligarchs! Take a whack!”

0 Likes

Despite years and years of propaganda to the contrary, the Trump Task Force has shown no deficiency in the Post Office that demands attention and privatization, so the true rationalization for privatization must lie elsewhere. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

1 Like

Hey baby, the best and worst of capitalism.
How do you raid a pension that is broke down in an annuity paying for carryover insurance plans and monetary annuity payments derived from the pension?
And I think the tax payers would help to subsidize, if needed, the conversion to electric powered postal vehicles, which I believe is already in the works.

0 Likes