Home | About | Donate

Keeping the Light Lit: Michael Ratner (1943-2016)

Keeping the Light Lit: Michael Ratner (1943-2016)

Center for Constitutional Rights

Dear CCR Community,

A life well lived. Democracy Now devoted the hour to his good work today.

I am so saddened by the loss of Michael Ratner! I was first introduced to his work by Amy Goodman, on Democracy Now!. I always felt good, knowing that Michael Ratner was fighting the good fight for all of the rest of us! My deepest sympathies to his family and friends; I have no doubt that he was an exceptional friend, father, husband, et. al.

I learned of Michael Ratner's good work from when he and Heidi Bogoshian hosted the radio program "Law and Disorder" which has followed Democracy Now every Monday on WRCT 88.5 in Pittsburgh for a goodly number of years now. Michael Smith and Bogoshian now host the show.

They are good lawyers.

Mr. Ratner's shoes will be difficult to fill.

Amy Goodman devoted her show to him. Here is the link:

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/5/12/remembering_michael_ratner_pioneering_lawyer_who?autostart=true

Another good man and activist has fallen this year. I have followed the good works at CCR and Michael Ratner starting back in law school in the 1970s a decade or so after becoming aware of the Berrigans. The most fitting tribute would be to carry on the good effort he began but left for us to finish. RIP

Michael often featured in interviews on The Real News Network, and was always worth hearing and learning from.