Home | About | Donate

Kerry Sought Missile Strikes to Force Syria's Assad to Step Down

Kerry Sought Missile Strikes to Force Syria's Assad to Step Down

Gareth Porter

Jeffrey Goldberg’s newly published book-length article on Barack Obama and the Middle East includes a major revelation that brings US Secretary of State John Kerry’s Syrian diplomacy into sharper focus: it reports that Kerry has sought on several occasions without success over the past several months to get Obama’s approval for cruise missile strikes against the Syrian government.

He was the best choice in 2004. Gasp.

Really SaintJimmy, who is John Kerry? Also this is proving to be a very significant interview, we get to see the President better through this interview, and see how isolated he appears to be. And I must add I'm not fan of the President so
I certainly don't want to open myself to being an apologist.

Wouldn't you love to see exactly what goes on at Skull and Bones?

I just don't get how such an "organization" can exist at a supposedly elite college.

I admit I have not read the Goldberg piece yet; I mean to get to it. Here is Crosstalk's opinion of the piece and the "foreign policy" of the Obama years. I have to agree with them about the foreign policy just from my own observations. It was, at the same time, incoherent, murderous and childish.
https://www.rt.com/shows/crosstalk/335479-obama-doctrine-uk-destiny/

Po

So correct...

The Obama Administration should step down. Obama is acting like Bush & Kerry is acting like Rumsfeld.Obama was elected to be different from Bush but turned out to be just like him. Obama said "Hope & Change", "Change You Can Believe In" & "The Audacity of Hope". He brought us more of the same.He's just as much of a warmonger as Bush.

Thanks for the link, interesting...

This article matches what Seymour Hersh said a few years back. When the U.S. came very close to Attacking the Syria government. What the administration was saying at the time. That a attack on Syria
would be limited to selective military targets. However in reality the attack on Syria would of be a lot more comprehensive then the public was lead believe. Seymour Hersh states at the request of Bonesman Kerry. B-52 bombers were to be used in this attack.

Herr Hairy Kerry strikes again! (attempts to, anyway)

Having ust come back from 'Nam in '70, I admired him so much given his accomplishment the following April. Gawd, WHAT a disgusting disappointment he's become. And he stood on the rim of the Grand Canyon in '04 and said that he too would have invaded Iraq (the Swift Boaters had eaten him alive). The problem is that he's always been his father's wind up toy; he's gradually morphed into an odd combination of Boris Karloff (Frankenstein) and Gloria Swanson (Sunset Boulevard).

Very possible he could be the next vice president. On inauguration day someone is sure to say (as Churchill did) - "There but for the grace of god, goes god."