Home | About | Donate

Key Trump Policies Show a Person Mentally Disordered: Megalomaniacal, Paranoid, and Psychopathic

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/08/20/key-trump-policies-show-person-mentally-disordered-megalomaniacal-paranoid-and

3 Likes

All elections have consequences. Some are vastly worse than others. After Barack Obama got elected, I anxiously awaited his early Cabinet choices; I was disappointed as he demonstrated that he’s really a moderate Republican. The election(?) of Donald Trump exposed the sort of person he truly is - a buffoon who got attention by being a buffoon - and he and his “Cabinet” of acting secretaries(who don’t need or get Senate confirmation), are cut from the same cloth. Donald Trump is a guy who thinks he’s the smartest, coolest, best looking guy in the building, not just the room. and his acolytes believe him, and believe in him. Senate and House Republicans will let him do anything, as long they are the beneficiaries of his actions. There really is no telling when Trump will go too far, even among his supporters.

15 Likes

The only thing more dangerous than Trump and the GOP are the people who vote GOP.

16 Likes

Key here especially the last line:

Trump is mentally disordered: megalomaniacal, paranoid, and psychopathic. This is not name-calling. Trump’s mental condition leaves him unable to keep his word, control his animosities, and restrain his actions. He must be opposed, not appeased.

10 Likes

So appreciate this piece.
Trump is a tool and will not be discarded until rabid nationalists are through with him. We must amend the constitution to include a means to impeachment for reasons of mental instability.

4 Likes

There’s already a provision for that.

The problem is the Republican party and their blind allegiance to the king.

As long as Moscow Mitch is leading the Senate, Trump is completely safe. The constitution is moot.

13 Likes

But don’t most people on this site still thank God we didn’t elect Hillary?

3 Likes

I don’t “thank god” for anything Bob, but I would wager most people are furious the PTB sabotaged the critically-needed Bernie Sanders.

The DINO establishment neoliberal wing of big-money whores - those serving the same masters as R’Cons with little difference, didn’t give a shite or listen to the people - their actual base, and havent for over a decade at least - those DINO scum chose the only person the deranged trump could have beaten - a person loathed and despised for her own hideous pathologies!

No, most people here are infuriated we were betrayed by the DINO scum and didn’t elect Sanders!

21 Likes

OBama admitted to being a Republican:

In a interview reported in the Hill, Obama admited:
“… back in the 1980s, I would be considered a moderate Republican,” he told Noticias Univision 23 in a White House interview.

What this clearly tells us is that Obama was well aware of how FAR TO THE RIGHT the “democrat” party had gone since the the 80’s when the party was sold to the Koch Brothers

and a Bonus…

Chris Hedges

Let’s be clear. The Democratic Party under Bill Clinton transformed itself into the traditional Republican Party, and the Republican Party moved, was pushed, so far to the right it became insane.

17 Likes

This was all crystal clear 2-1/2 years ago.

Legislation protecting the country from this ever happening again, must be worked on.

Now!

5 Likes

Bless you 1000 fold.

2 Likes

Welcome Irene,

One of my pet peeves is the word, Nationalist.

No one calls a spade anything but a spade.

Generally, those who use the word Nationalist,
do so because the Republican party coined the word to make it sound patriotic since the GOP caters to this group.

In reality though, when prefixed with the word, White, what we’re talking about are not White Nationalists, * we’re in reality referring to ** White Racists.*

I hope that you didn’t mind me making that distiction.

3 Likes

A huge BRAVO to Professor Jeffrey Sachs for his honesty, courage, integrity and honor, calling-out the mass destruction of so much domestically and internationally by the criminally insane trump. It is way past time for the mental illness of trump and his salted-earth agenda to be called-out in such stark and entirely warranted terms!

That the so-called opposition party “leadership” has been largely silent and complicit to the trump agenda. They are a huge part of the crises we face for their craven cowardice and stupidity, as well as serving extremist domestic and foreign powers that thrive on such destructive and criminal actions!

" Trump is mentally disordered: megalomaniacal, paranoid, and psychopathic. This is not name-calling. Trump’s mental condition leaves him unable to keep his word, control his animosities, and restrain his actions. He must be opposed, not appeased." Truer words were never spoken!

The only question is will the needed opposition to this dangerous and deranged regime, both domestic and international, become active immediately and all people of good conscience that can see the truth act before the mental illnesses that govern this hideous creature destroys much more than he already has?!

5 Likes

Yes. Hilary, Biden, and Obama are all corrupt. I actually think Trump is better since he is really bad at propaganda and isn’t as smooth a pitchman as Obama. People actually oppose Trump instead of just knodding their head and going along with it. Glen Ford’s The More Effective Evil essay still applies.

4 Likes

Here it is…Jimmy Dore Show: Video

Obama Actually Admits He’s A Republican!

3 Likes

In other words he a typical member of those referred to as the 1 percent.

5 Likes

Some day, Caligula will be dead and buried.
I’d like to suggest an environmentally positive Headstone arrangement for him

3 Likes

We have known these things for some time now. The question that begs us though is what to do about him, other than wait for two more agonizing years?

Has anyone heard the word impeachment in the past week?
Heard what is to become of those who are in contempt of congress? Heard about any of the people refusing to testify at congressional hearings?
Our enforcement prowess is lacking big time.

2 Likes

Tweetle-Dumb has already violated several provisions sufficient for Impeachment and Removal from Office, so more legislation is not needed.  And even if the House passed more legislation prohibiting certain actions, it wouldn’t pass the Senate “Now!”.  In fact, it wouldn’t even get voted on:

A friend of mine who has been a Professor of Psychology at a leading SoCal University and who cur­rently deals extensively with the criminally insane characterized Tweetle-Dumb as being narcissistic to the point that he is a sociopath.  And that was at least THREE years ago.  The real problem is that the Drümpf and Kirchner Crime Syndicate was not put out of business and its principals imprisoned 32-½ years ago.

5 Likes

In the 1930’s one Prescott Bush was part of a Conspiracy in the United States of America to overthrow that Government and out in place a Fascist regime.

While the Cup was headed off thanks to one Smedley Butler , the names of the Conspirators was kept out of the media and they received no real punishment from the law. The system by design is intended to protect the 1 percent. When a group of people can for generation after generation commit crimes and operate above the law without consequence , they will become Mentally disordered and exhibit Narcissism, Megalomania and psychopathic tendencies.

9 Likes