Home | About | Donate

Key West Greets Trump with Collective Middle Finger and Chants of 'Love Trumps Hate'

Key West Greets Trump with Collective Middle Finger and Chants of 'Love Trumps Hate'

Julia Conley, staff writer

Arriving in Key West, Florida, last week to tour an anti-drug trafficking facility, President Donald Trump was greeted by loud protests attended by residents who made abundantly clear their disapproval of his visit and his policies.

As the president's motorcade drove through the island city, protesters first chanted the slogan "Love Trumps Hate" before a number of attendees began waving their middle fingers and shouting "Fuck you!" at the presidential vehicle.

Watch:

More and more, The Donald reminds me of the yipe-y little dog who, finally and improbably, caught the car he’d been chasing: “Now what do I do?”

So the yipe-ing continues, cluelessly…

“As the president’s motorcade drove through the island city, protesters first chanted the slogan “Love Trumps Hate” before a number of attendees began waving their middle fingers and shouting “Fuck you!” at the presidential vehicle.”

Although in this case it sounds like perhaps the hate of Trump prevailed.

Now they will have to clean and fumigate the town for weeks to get rid of the slime and scum.

My sign would have read:

DRUG WAR = BLACK HOLOCAUST

There are issues with giving Donald Trump the middle finger and yelling “Love Trumps Hate.” The Donald has always fancied himself to be God’s Own Love Machine and since Hope Hicks left him, you know, … I don’t know if anything will come of this for you but the possibilities are purportedly Huge!

It seems to me if you’re going to hold signs that say “Love Trumps Hate” and chant it, then you shouldn’t do hateful things like give him the finger and shout obscenities at him.

On the other hand it seems to me if you think that Trump deserves to be hated and that hatred needs to be forcefully expressed, then maybe you shouldn’t hold signs that say “Love Trumps Hate” and chant it.

Oh well.

Ya gotta love that Conch spirit!