Home | About | Donate

Khizr Khan Says US War on Terror Is Making 'Chaos for Ourselves.' But You Probably Won't Hear About It

Khizr Khan Says US War on Terror Is Making 'Chaos for Ourselves.' But You Probably Won't Hear About It

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

As the United States this week expands its bombing campaign against the Islamic State (ISIS) to Libya, Khizr Khan, the Gold Star father who gave a powerful anti-Donald Trump speech at the Democratic National Convention (DNC), has criticized U.S. wars in Muslim nations as leaving us in a "quagmire," "more vulnerable," and creating "chaos for ourselves." But Khan's take on the war on terror is unlikely to be amplified by corporate media, as one political writer points out.

"You have sacrificed nothing and no one," and asked, "Have you even read the United States Constitution?"

I've asked this elsewhere on what I thought was a progressive/liberal blog, and my question/comment was deleted (which scared the hell out of me):

What has Hillary Clinton sacrificed, and why was her vote to send this man's son off to an unnecessary war--where he was killed--much less infuriating than Donald Trump's words?

When Hillary knowingly sacrificed national security, practically giving it the middle finger, how come nobody asked her if she ever read the Constitution?

"Son killed in Iraq in 2004" ?????

Connect the dots, folks !

All of the Americans and most of the Iraqis "killed in Iraq in 2004" would be alive today if Clinton and other Congressional Democrats had not given the Dubya Regime the votes it needed to invade in 2003.

Ahem, this is the most spot on comment I've read in a long time. The MSM sucks!

I'm not sure why Khizr Khan was going after Trump. I think he was used big time.

"You probably won't hear about it".
According to the corporate interests in this country, free speech only exists if you speak about what they believe in.
Once you say something that they don't want you to hear, they cut you off.
I've seen it many times on CNN or MSNBC, If the guest starts telling the truth about a subject, the host says " We're going to have to leave it at that, we need to go to a break, thank you for your time".

I am surprised to hear him be honest about the US bombing since his speech at the convention seemed to be a hail Hillary, hate Trump speech. I am so sick of these two already, (the speech seemed contrived).
As I just posted in another article, Mr. Khan is a bit of a con himself. My guess is he was part of a pay to play deal with the DNC since his career as an "immigration lawyer who specializes in a highly controversial program accused of letting immigrants buy their way into the U.S. Khizr M. Khan's website notes that he works to help clients", but his group has been criticized and congress has been asked to shut it down. There are suspicions his behavior is not all above board. The quote is from a website, www.ligitgov.org and can be seen today.
Enter the DNC, I'm guessing they offered cover for his business in return for a speech against Trump.
This man and his speech turned me off when he started ranting, and the way it has been milked for effect and used to bludgeon Trump is transparent.
As far as I'm concerned anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

More to the point, if she cares about the constitution. Obomber is a constitutional lawyer and he doesn't give a shit about it. Thus we have the TPP the treasonous gift of our sovereignty to multi-national corporations.

Ah, nothing quite so damning as the lies of omission.
That which is not said may often serve to mislead more than that which is said.

Thank you. I'm deeply concerned about the staging of everything in this so-called election.

You would be correct. He is a DNC prop.

Mr. Con is one of many stunts that will result in the 2016 election winning the award for best reality TV show.

When I watched it (in clips, I certainly didn't watch the convention itself) I got exactly the same feeling, like it had been written by someone else and he was reading from a teleprompter.

And the question kept circulating in my brain, "Why isn't he lambasting Hillary at least as hard for her role in starting the war that killed his son?"

Thanks for info re his controversial work as an immigration attorney.
Smells like quid pro quo from here.
After all, that's the way the DNC "rolls" (isn't that what we say these days?).

Goebbels would be green with envy, albeit proud, if he could see how well the DNC has refined his work.

Hey Dede.

IMO, they care only about a higher power than the Constitution, and I'm not sure who or what it is.

I see two glaring similarities between her and him:

His Justice Dept snuffed out Occupy Wall Street, which was an honest, dedicated populist movement.

Her army of bots snuffed out the Bernie movement, which was also an honest, dedicated populist movement.

In both cases, it was done to make us look like tinfoils, fringers, when in reality, we represent the majority of Americans (I do believe this).

Each time I watched the clip or read about it I asked myself the same question.
Trump didn't vote to start the Iraq War that killed his son.
Hillary did.

It's important to remember that in the US, there is a "narrative." If you stay within the lines of the current narrative, you can pretty much take whatever position you want. However, once you step outside the narrative, you are either ignored -- or you're written off as "crazy," "conspiracy theorist," whatever.

Our politics has become an extension of war and has created a system that radiates violence at home and abroad.

I have great respect for Mr. Khan and the grievous loss of his son just as I do for all of the American families and families in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, etc. who have suffered terrible losses as well. It is a testament to the corrupt, corporate American media that they have only reported part of this story. Mr. Khan's willingness to speak truth to power is courageous and commendable. However the media abyss where hard truths are entombed has effectively silenced his more comprehensive critique of U.S. policies that have killed over four million Muslims since 1990 and have created cycles of endless war and suffering around the world. Mr. Khan should have used his speech at the convention to call out Clinton's vote to give Bush the green light in Iraq as well as her relentless advocacy for violence as effective policy.

You are absolutely correct!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
* “The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over”
* “Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.”
Joseph Goebbels, MiniProp for Hitler’s Third Reich
1897-1945

• "Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same for any country."
    Herman Goering to Gustave Gilbert at Nuremberg, 18 April, 1946
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    And the Fourth Reich has learned the lessons well.
    ;-})