Home | About | Donate

La Madre Buena (The Good Mother)

La Madre Buena (The Good Mother)

For a five-minute, heart-lifting hiatus from the madness, see this sweet film about a resolute Mexican mother who is clear on our president - "He's the devil" - but who loves her son enough to give him the birthday present he wants. Her epic trek, geographically and politically, features strong women, gorgeous country and the giddy decimation of a piñata just pleading, nay damn near demanding, to be punched.

2 Likes

Best movie of 2019!!

3 Likes

I want a trump pinata so I can tear it asunder!!!

1 Like

The entire problem summed up in one video.

Have more kids, have no idea how they are going to survive as the habitat collapses, turn to religion and ritual, and then vent your rage against a corrupt symbol of authority, who is basically a distraction from the underlying causes.

0 Likes

0 Likes

I have been to Mexico City and I corroborate your link.

0 Likes

Aw, no pic of the kids whaling on their pinata? Where’s your sense of climax?

0 Likes

This will be a popular movie----- be everywhere! : ) I mean wow, a full body Trump piñata!

0 Likes

Some humor is often helpful in dealing with travesty and tragedy. I like this video, if for no other reason, it does not show Mexicans quaking before the Naked Emperor. If it weren’t for Colbert, Alec Baldwin and SNL company, Oliver, Kimmel, & Meyers, I’d have stroked out 2 years ago.

And none of that humor obviates the gravity of what we’re all facing. Your points duly noted.

0 Likes