Home | About | Donate

Lack of Transparency Surrounding Working Families Party's Warren Endorsement Raises Concerns

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/18/lack-transparency-surrounding-working-families-partys-warren-endorsement-raises

1 Like

So if the national committee (56 people) all went for Warren, then the rank and file (thousands) only voted 10.9% for Warren. If 40 of them went for Warren, then the rank and file voted 25.2% for Warren. You get the idea.

We need another Seth Rich.

3 Likes

Ok, Working Families ‘leadership committee’ why should I support you if you are going down that same dirty, too-well-trodden path that the Third Way Dems/DNC/DCCC have been driving their hot cycles (b/c they are much too childishly young to drive a car!) down for decades now when what we really need is someone who will stand up for the least among us, and that most-assuredly is NOT Lizzie Warren or ANY entity that is not TOTALLY TRANSPARENT?!

2 Likes

I would like to see the numbers too. It is an outrage the way they try anything to discount an American statesman like no other. Bernie 2020 !!! Spread the news !!

3 Likes

Author sez:
“The Working Families Party, a subsidiary of the Democratic Party …”

Which has long been noted, of course, for its transparency and democratic tendencies.

5 Likes

As a long time member of the WFP, Amy Klobacher must feel like she got a real kick in the teeth. This proves that Biden is toast so the Clintonites and DNC are hitching their wagon to Warren. Someone “flexible” who will kiss the ring if elected. Hey progressives, the Democratic Party wants your vote but remember to enter the club through the service entrance, don’t make eye contact with the “real” Democrats, keep quiet, and exit as quickly as possible after you vote for their chosen candidates.

2 Likes

Almost - the weighting applies to both voter categories, so the raw percentages are divided by two and then added. If Warren got 100% of the committee vote, it would be weighted as 50 percentage points. The other 10.9 percentage points would come from a popular vote of 21.8%, which becomes 10.9 percentage points after weighting, giving her a total of 60.9 percent. That 21.8% is the minimum popular vote that she could have received.

1 Like

Ah Ha!

The DNC’s plan to subvert Sander’s supports is working perfectly so far, distract with Biden by loading the polls, have Warren parrot every plan Bernie comes up with, then put full support behind the capitalist Warren.
We don’t have (x) amount of election cycles, time is running out for all of us, we need to come up with a plan to burn the DNC house down, when the inevitable happens.

4 Likes

Well, the toadysuckers in the WFP leadership ( NY and leadership: think military and intelligence here ) just showed how little we, the Sandernistas, should support anything they propose. Unless it’s to swallow an xtra-large plastic produce bag, of course. I’ll chip in for the 60 bags, btw.
The WFP has tried to get a toehold in Oregon. They just stub it. I’ve always thought they were astro-turfers for 3rd Way slimeballs. As well as party squatters from the East bearing grifts.
Looks like they just proved that to be true.

3 Likes

Pretty much the way I see this going down as well.
And where is the repair work being done for our voters ballots, registration parity, and access? Unless there are bills waiting for Moscow Mitch to bring forward I haven’t heard of any fixes.

3 Likes

Warren chose to back the Corporate Candidate Clinton in 2016 over the Progressive Candidate Bernie Sanders, whose platform then, seems to be hers, now.

Frankly speaking, Warren talks big ideas, but can anyone trust her?

2 Likes

“Can anyone trust her?”
Come on, there must be an easier question PonyBoy.:laughing:

WFP leaders held this vote count at midnight during a rain storm from Dorian’s tailend. There was also a power outage. Cuomo’s secratary forgot the flashlights and candles.
" Democracy dies in darkness ".

3 Likes

This is precisely why I do not give money to the Democratic party. The Leadership cannot be trusted. It has its own agenda and it is most often not mine.

2 Likes

I’ve already resigned my membership from WFP and informed them that they can expect to never receive any future donations, support or assistance from me. Unfortunately, I’ve already given more than 1000$ in donations to them so far this year alone,…never again. I’ve been cutting off more and more Democratic candidates and affiliated Democratic activist groups and PACs over the last month, if they want to fight the republicans on their own, I wish them luck, the Democratic party and its affiliates will not be getting any more funding or support from me.

3 Likes

Pelosi seems to have great faith that Warren is not the Progressive many seem to mistake her for.

3 Likes

“There must be an easier question.”

How about, does Warren take corporate money?

She took it during her Senate campaign in 2018, and still has most of it which she rolled into her presidential campaign. Additionally, she has said that as soon as the primary is over, she will again accept and work to increase the amounts of money she takes from corporations and wealthy donors. Who knows what “arrangements” she is making to line up donations for in advance of the end of the primary?
(thanks for the set-up, but I was pretty sure you already had the information regarding that issue! :))

1 Like

Thanks Trakar,

For the up to date info on Liz’s contributions.
Sounds like she likes to walk down both sides of the street.