Home | About | Donate

Lady Liberty Gets Probation

Lady Liberty Gets Probation

Patricia Okoumou, the Congolese immigrant facing 18 months in prison for climbing the Statue Of Liberty last July 4th to protest Trump's child detentions, was given five years of probation and 200 hours of community service by a New York judge who warned she'd be jailed if she undertook another protest - which she says she fully intends to do. Okoumou, who came to court with her mouth taped to symbolize the threat to free speech, said she is "not a criminal," but is "frightened by this country's moral bankruptcy.”

Welcome to the Land of the Free ©, now shut up and mind your own business.

In Venezuela 10’s of thousands of opposition members openly protest with many of those protests violent with Molotov Cocktails thrown and peoples killed by the protestors.

in the USA if you do not have a permit to protest you are arrested. If you engage in non violent civil disobedience you are arrested.

Which is the Dictatorship?

3 Likes

She came with a dream and got hit with reality, speaking truth to power she sets an example for us all.

1 Like

She is a national hero. To our inverted government, she is something dangerous and criminal. The real criminals are the judges, police, ice agents, etc who perpetuate these gross injustices against human rights and dignity. I will stand with her against these fake people who think “they” are the government.

2 Likes

Constitution of United States of America 1789 (rev. 1992)

PreambleArticle IArticle IIArticle IIIArticle IVArticle VArticle VIArticle VIIAmendment IAmendment IIAmendment IIIAmendment IVAmendment VAmendment VIAmendment VIIAmendment VIIIAmendment IXAmendment XAmendment XIAmendment XIIAmendment XIIIAmendment XIVAmendment XVAmendment XVIAmendment XVIIAmendment XVIIIAmendment XIXAmendment XXAmendment XXIAmendment XXIIAmendment XXIIIAmendment XXIVAmendment XXVAmendment XXVIAmendment XXVII

It seems that some of these judges have never really read or understood the constitution, or maybe they did and are so arrogant as to think themselves wiser.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

2 Likes

When France gave this statue to America—the politicians didn’t want it. School children ( the little People) got the movement going by raising peonies for the statue.: )
So, for Patricia, the climber for Truth—I am writing down the poem, in case anyone forgot that Emma Lazarus poem that’s there for all to read. Good job Patricia, because that LAZARUS poem has to awake the dead every now and then to remind people to read it : )

THE NEW COLOSSUS
by Emma Lazarus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame
With conquering limbs astride from land to land.
Here at our sea-washed sunset gate shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning and her name
Mother of Exiles, from her beacon hand
Glows world wide welcome : her mild eyes command
The air- bridge harbor that twin cities frame
“Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips," Give me your tired, your poor
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore
Send these the homeless tempest-tost to me
I lift my lamp beside the Golden Door."

Thank you immigrant Patricia—America needs more uppity and truthful women–and those climbing skills are a bonus! Thank you for standing and rising and making a lot of us feel taller. and reminding us to work harder to live up to what America could actually be. : )

2 Likes