Home | About | Donate

Lancet Study on Hydroxychloroquine Shows Trump 'As Usual, Is Dangerously Wrong' on Covid-19 Guidance

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/22/lancet-study-hydroxychloroquine-shows-trump-usual-dangerously-wrong-covid-19

1 Like

It does not matter whether DT is “dangerously wrong” about any darn thing.
Not only are we keeping him in office, we’re also allowing him to run for a second term.
The hand-wringing and statements of condemnation flow from that, so presumably we can expect more of both.

3 Likes

Yes DT will just call it…MORE FAKE NEWS!

2 Likes

“I get a lot of tremendously positive news on the hydroxy,” Trump said Tuesday, “and, you know, I say, hey… what do you have to lose?” Maybe , if you’re lucky, an election. If you’re not lucky, maybe your life. Since no medical records of any consequence have ever been released, we don’t whether Donnie may be prone to heart trouble - the physical kind. We know he has no emotional heart, except when it concerns his daughter.

4 Likes

“If there was ever hope for this drug, this is the death of it.”

IF Trump alias… DELIRIUM TREMERS! Calls this Lancet study FAKE NEWS, then I have given Trump the correct alias.

2 Likes

I doubt, if by some sort of miracle Biden can win without an agenda to speak of, that his leadership will be much of an improvement over Trumps. What we can expect is more of the same that we saw in his campaign, …that is no action at all. This means that every thing Trump did will remain in effect another 4 years, and then a republican extremist will surely beat him, and resume the right wing Fascist NAZI tirade again picking up pretty much exactly where Trump left off.

4 Likes

I would as soon buy street drugs from a complete stranger as believe anything Trump touts. Hydroxychloroquine, bleach, cleaning products, UV rays…and way too many people believe him but would never buy street drugs from a stranger knowing it’s too dangerous. Or maybe they do…

4 Likes

“As usual, (Trump) is dangerously wrong” - And considering the results of this study, unfortunately, I have little faith Trump is actually taking hydroxychloroquine.

6 Likes

“The science is clear…”

This is so very frustrating. The science is not clear. “The [data analysis] is [suggestive]…”
We need to stop redefining “science.” What was performed was a data analysis, which is one component of scientific research. A much more important feature is a controlled study, which was absent. This is why many people no longer trust “science.” Every aspect is politicized and many aspects are highly misleading, to the point of needing to be corrected, which is why around 70% of peer-reviewed literature has needed corrections over the past few decades. In a rush to form a conclusion, many researchers miss the points of their experiments and analyses.

This is in no way supportive of Trump’s opinions on medication. My larger point is that we are calling many things “science” today that are largely a mockery of the scientific community.

6 Likes

The lies that flow out of the assholes mouth will be his demise and all of his followers. Again Karma will take you down, maybe not today, but eventually it will happen. Personally I want to outlive these butt munchers so I can say, told you so and adios mf. Peace

1 Like

We know that his weight/height ration put him in the official “obese” caregory.

We know he takes Crestor for high cholesterol, aspirin to prevent heart attacks, antibiotics to treat skin rosacea, Propecia for baldness, and Ambien to help him rest on flights – none of which are unusual.

I strongly encourage Trump to continue putting his hydroxychloroquine/antibiotic/zinc suplhate chaser into his daily drug cocktail. Hell, what could wrong?

1 Like

I’m ok with that. The MAGAt’s will believe Trump. We don’t need Anyone who believes Trump.
Chlorine for the gene pool
Phuck 'em - I’m done with trying to save people trying to wipe me out

3 Likes

It’s probably time to admit that there’s a difference between the real hydroxychloroquine sulfate which causes heart problems and the fish tank cleaner which is far quicker.

Announcement at a maskless MAGA rally: “Hey, there’s some bad brown chloroquine circulating, don’t take it!”

YES! If Trump calls Hydroxychloroquine fake news and his base believes him more than their own doctors they will be committing slow suicide and it is their funeral!

1 Like

Hold on !! Please do NOT show this study to trump and his minions .
Encourage them to ingest vast quantities of the stuff as soon as possible .

2 Likes

Interesting. Then why is the National Institute of Health still studying the use of hydroxychloroquine, as of a news release just a few days ago? CD doesn’t allow the posting of links but look it up yourself. This is just another example of totally conflicting information on the matter, which has been the nature of how it has been handled from day one. Poorly. Very poorly. Or very brilliantly, depending on your perspective and personal wealth. Search National Institute of Health + hyroxychloroquine. What’s up with that?

1 Like

Absolutely. See my comments here re: a recent news release FROM the National Institute of health talking about ongoing clinical trials to determine whether a combination of hydroxychloroquine and another drug may be helpful in treating CV19. Date of news release, May 14, 2020. I can’t post the link because CD doesn’t allow it. And no, I don’t like nor believe Donald Trump. This is not the point; DT is being used to inoculate people from legitimate matters, as sometimes he actually says something that may bear some resemblance to the truth (accidental I’m sure), but because 90 percent of what he says is BS, no one will believe anything that comes out of his mouth, nor will anyone probably bother to check out the NIH news release I reference.

2 Likes

Oh, Karma! I’ve known thee well. Alas, where have ye gone!

2 Likes

You can post a link by adding a character at the beginning. The tilde “~” is a popular option.

E.g. ~https://www.commondreams.org

3 Likes

The study, published in The Lancet , examined the medical records of 96,000 hospitalized coronavirus patients on six continents and found that “drug regimens of chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine alone or in combination with a macrolide was associated with an increased hazard for clinically significant occurrence of ventricular arrhythmias and increased risk of in-hospital death with Covid-19.”

If you do a little bit of research you will find that hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are different drugs. Both of them are used for similar conditions. But also both of them are used for different conditions. My layman’s understanding of the articles I read lead me to believe that hydroxychloroquine is less dangerous than chloroquine. Having said that I am a layman and anything I say should not be taken as medical advice.

Its hard to find accurate information. Which one did Lancet study? Or did it look at both?