Home | About | Donate

Lancet Study on Hydroxychloroquine Shows Trump 'As Usual, Is Dangerously Wrong' on Covid-19 Guidance

I think to be on the safe side he should double his dosage.

4 Likes

There are numerous variables being completed ignored on top of what you pointed out, that some variables are confounding and being treated as if the same. But even all this is somewhat irrelevant due to the fact that this whole study seems to be conducted from clinical data from hospitals and such. We know that little, if any, reporting in the world is accurate at this point. We have evidence that almost every government is under-reporting, many hospitals have been told to report only confirmed cases and not suspected cases, there are nearly twice as many deaths due to “pneumonia” that aren’t classified as COVID deaths, and on and on. But we’re supposed to believe the highly conflicted data presented to us when virologists and epidemiologists are still trying to learn about this as quickly as they can?

Just because Trump is a the town drunk doesn’t mean that those laughing at him are correct.

1 Like

You forgot the Adderall and Sudafed that he pops like breath mints.

1 Like

The headline says hydroxychloroquine, FWIW. So, apparently the supposedly safer of the two.

How often should Trump take an LD50 dose of hydroxychloroquine?

There was just an article on this very site about the “Lancet” calling for Trump to be removed from office. No matter how good the science might be on the ineffectiveness of hydroxychloroquine, Trump now has the ammunition to say they are just working against his reelection so can be ignored.

1 Like

Hi smipypr:
I don’t believe that Trump takes it. I believe that he’s invested in that company though, and I also believe that he’ll do anything to make a buck! Apparently, he was supposed to finish his health exam sometime ago, and hasn’t yet. I also believe that , as he has said several times that, “he’sNot a doctor.” He probably also believes if people take it and die , that they can’t sue him because as he said, “he’s no doctor.” He’s also not a functioning human being either--------I just hope no one believes him and takes it—and dies. for a scam artist! : (

The continued Media Hysteria over Hydroxychloroquine shows, without ANY doubt, that there is NO CURE for TDS !!

1 Like

The focus on the idiotic things Trump does (and any opposing party does, ie, Clinton’s BJ, etc.), has always been a weapon of mass distraction, keeping the Amerikan Sheeple from the real news - what they’re doing that continues to move our money to give the one-percent more power and us less. Democrats love Trump because they can get away with so much damaging policy and blame it on Trump, the national village idiot. Our planet is dying, our nation is falling apart at the seams except for the giant military that will forcefully hold it all together when the time comes.

I don’t give a rat’s ass what the man is taking. Part of me hopes it’s fatal, but then we’ll have a crazy fundamentalist Christian who’s willing, like many fundamentalist Republicans, to dictate foreign policy based on biblical BS. It’s bad enough already, but Pence at the helm will feed the rapture frenzy til we’re all “left behind.” They honestly believe their murderous policies are God’s will.

We’re screwed any way you look at it. We have the choice between a brain-dead, racist war-mongering rapist, and a brain-dead, racist, war-mongering rapist. IF we even have the sham election that’s supposed to happen. Honestly, we’re damned if we do and damned if we don’t.

Don’t forget the Adderall. Remember when we had a genuinely healthy president named Obama? Now we have President Prescription who, I’m hoping, could keel over any day now. Too bad there isn’t a real Hell because this corrupt, treasonous, egomaniac belongs there, right next to Hitler.

1 Like

My feeling about Pence is that he might take over for Trump’s appalling destruction of the country but he couldn’t possibly win election on his own in November. Pence is a piece of cardboard who would not be able to keep the Trump Cult going. Good thing, too, as he would do everything he could to promote a right-wing Christian theocracy in the U.S. It always stuns me how profoundly hypocritical these assholes are when they act like they do and then claim to be followers of that sandalled hippie, Jesus.

I assume you mean Twump Derangement Syndrome, which appears to be a mutation over time of BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome). What you fail to grasp is that we on the left have a chronic cae of FDS (Fascist Derangement Syndrome)–it doesn’t matter which particular fascist occupies the White House, they all make us crazy.

But yes, you’re right that there’s no cure, short of the literal or at least figurative death of all fascists.

I hope this clears things up for you.

1 Like

“Too bad there isn’t a real Hell because this corrupt, treasonous, egomaniac belongs there, right next to Hitler.”
As does Obushma, Boy Shrub, and all criminal administrations since Kennedy.

It doesn’t matter who’s in office. It matters who’s in power, and it ain’t We the People!

1 Like

Will there be an election? Will Donnie give up the office if he loses? Will Barr pull an October Comey surprise and announce a criminal investigation into Biden in October? Will Trump use Emergency Powers to postpone the election in large, Democratic urban areas until a later date if polls show him losing and the second wave of C19 virus expansion hits? These questions are being raised and being taken seriously.

Even if he bows out graciously should he lose in November, how much more damage can Trump and McConnell do during the lame duck period. Just look at what the Republicans did in Wisconsin after losing the governorship.

Goodness gracious, anything goes with this happy bunch of very rich patriots.

Just realized that ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome), when spoken, is “odious”.

1 Like

selective lies----this treatment is successfully employed in both Europe and South America

peer review=approval by the herd…merleau ponty would be appalled as would Wittgenstein

Yes, this was less a study and more a “study”. It’s not as if they took a sample of patients, divided them and then gave one group one treatment vs another or vs placebo. They looked instead at patient records from all over the world. It can be very hard to control relevant variables when you do that, and indeed, from their “Limitations” section:

Our study has several limitations. The association of decreased survival with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine treatment regimens should be interpreted cautiously. Due to the observational study design, we cannot exclude the possibility of unmeasured confounding factors, although we have reassuringly noted consistency between the primary analysis and the propensity score matched analyses. Nevertheless, a cause-and-effect relationship between drug therapy and survival should not be inferred.

The really key variable that they didn’t control for at all is time between symptom onset and administration of the drug. Once you have symptoms, your viral load is already high. Once you are in the hospital, the viral load is typically already on the way down. Any study that gives HCQ as a hail mary pass when someone has walked in and is about to be intubated, is worthless.

Another issue that was completely ignored but should have shown up in the paper, at least in discussion, is the question of zinc. HCQ is a zinc ionophore (it helps transport zinc into cells), which is important because intracellular zinc is critical in blocking viral reproduction.

If you’re interested in this topic, you can find a lot of research via google scholar. I’ll point you to just two papers:

Carlucci et al - hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin plus zinc vs hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin alone: outcomes in hospitalized covid-19 patients
~https://www.medrxiv.org/content/medrxiv/early/2020/05/08/2020.05.02.20080036.full.pdf

Esper et al - Empirical treatment with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin for suspected cases of COVID-19 followed-up by telemedicine
~https://pgibertie.files.wordpress.com/2020/04/2020.04.15-journal-manuscript-final.pdf

Also, because there is such a hysteria about Qt prolongation and the supposed danger of HCQ to the heart, you can have a look at these two pre-covid meta-analyses:

The cardiotoxicity of antimalarials (2016)
~https://www.who.int/malaria/mpac/mpac-mar2017-erg-cardiotoxicity-report-session2.pdf

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are associated with reduced cardiovascular risk: a systematic review and meta-analysis (2018)
~https://europepmc.org/articles/PMC6001837

1 Like

I’m very sorry that the Left is so obsessed with finding the treatment with Hydroxychloroquine, Azythromicin and zinc ineffective and dangerous. Nothing could be further than the truth. I’ve been following D Raoult in Marseille since the beginning and they’ve treated like 4000 patients day in day out, including systematic X-rays and he has the lowest fatality rate in the world according to his stats. .05% Of course the protocole is given to those who have passed an electro-cardio gram in order to insure that the molecule doesn’t endanger the patient. It is also essential that the treatment occurs as soon as possible. In the Lancet study it was so mixed up with no control over when treatment began except that apparently most of the treatments occurred in the hospital setting which is precisely when you are not supposed to. Then it’s too late. The quality of the study is poor compared to the best real results in the IHU Méditerranée-Infection . He does a weekly interview on their Youtube channel. BTW - the same treatment protocole is used throughout Europe still.

1 Like