Home | About | Donate

Landmark Youth Climate Suit Moves Ahead as Supreme Court Rejects Trump Admin's Request to Halt It

I’m sorry…are you serious?..You wantt o jit them in the POCKET BOOK?? THAT IS ALL.??People are DYING because climate change already… and BILLIONS more wl die…

Someone bumbed my phone … It posted before it should have
So… My point is . We need to put them away for decades. In PRISON. They are guilty if crimes against humanity.

clearly

I would suggest that Professor William Robinson is most accurate in
the form, as a Global and Capitalist Empire — but the Disguise is the
key — and the 7 sectored structure has also to be properly diagnosed
in detail:

Robinson on the global capitalist form:

"The U.S. state is a key point of condensation for pressures from
dominant groups around the world to resolve problems of global
capitalism and to secure the legitimacy of the system overall.

In this regard, “U.S.” imperialism refers to the use by transnational
elites of the U.S. state apparatus (soft and hard) to continue to attempt to expand,
defend, and stabilize the global capitalist system. We are witness less
to a “U.S.” imperialism per se than to a global capitalist imperialism.

We face an EMPIRE OF GLOBAL CAPITAL, headquartered, for evident
historical reasons, in Washington.” [Caps added]

Global Capitalism and the Crisis of Humanity, 2014 Robinson, William
Cambridge University Press.

[Sorry, sb, but I don’t have the time to write you a primer, and simply copied this into CD for you]

I am well aware of the timeframe and potential danger that climate change brings society as I have actually done extensive research into potential energy transition plans. Unlike you I have actually spent time reading and evaluating solutions instead of just shouting we need drastic action and we should eliminate all fossil fuels immediately.

See here’s a problem with your plan. You put an immediate moratorium on fossil fuels now you can longer refine the hydrocarbons necessary to make fiberglass or Ethelyn acetate or TDV. Why is this important to know? Without fiberglass you can’t manufacture wind turbine blades. Without EAT and TDV you are missing fundamental components of solar panels. Now there are alternatives, but you need to recognize what these alternatives are, what the challenges of increasing manufacturing capacity for these alternatives are and what is the most likely timeframe of mass deployment compared to potential deployment of existing technology. You want to transition, yet YOUR OWN PLAN is preventing you from effectively and efficiently moving forward. What a genius…

I love how you think your opinion is greater than any climatologist or engineer. If it was as easy as saying it can be done, don’t you think we could have already solved the problem? Unfortunately the reason why climate change is such a difficult problem is that it effects multiple areas of society and contains both political and technical challenges.

You haven’t even taken the time to address these fundamental challenges, so how could you possibly be certain that your plan would solve our problems?

Your plan takes us way beyond the tipping point leaving billions to die, Genius!

Potential energy isn’t the way forward anymore, that time is past. To be sure passive solar and other means can play a role, but there is no longer sufficient time to broadly implement them now; doing so would accelerate the warming. We would have already fully converted a decade ago if that were to be the case.

The rapidly approaching climate apocalypse is clearly the result of both science and engineering, stepping back from the current vision for human progress will not only be necessary, but we will soon lack their infrastructure, the stability, and the economy to continue any way. Going forward in the same paradigm is reminiscent of the Natives of Easter island cutting down the last few trees to move their Moai to a coastal vista. The seafaring people dependent on trade now unable to craft wooden boats and move forward as a civilization. Adherence to a flawed and unsustainable paradigm is the single common factor in all collapsed civilizations. Again, the earth and the climate don’t care about challenges to scientists, that is not my opinion, it is a fact.

You just don’t seem to get it - it’s not going to be the same if we are to survive. 90 percent of the industrial economy will have to shut down completely, it’s not solar panels and wind turbines at issue, we can live without abundant electricity. We could have developed those things if we had acted earlier, there’s no time left now. The real issue is agriculture and transportation – not so we can jet around the globe, so we can feed population centers, or relocate some of them to arable land. Many will surely die whatever approach we take at this point.

Oh so your plan is to eliminate society in general and go back to the cavemen age. We should all commit suicide and go extinct - that’s your plan…

Ive spent wayyyyyyyyyy too much time talking with you…

As it turns out my plan was to act quickly and decisively while there was still time, about 35 years ago, but you right wing fanatics wouldn’t have anything to do with it so now we are going toward something reminiscent of the stone age instead, no matter what we do. Its too late for my plan, this is your plan!

right wing trolls lose interest after losing election